Abraham Bowman BOURBON

dmarkle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I still think they picked something extra special for the first release. I hope not, so that we can enjoy this as much in the future, but we shall see.

Very nice bourbon that is quickly moving off the shelves. The gift shop at Bowman is sold out. It will be interesting to see if the 2012/2013 18YO release will be as good.... for sure it will be a very small offering.

Really getting tough to find. VA state controlled ABC received a few cases (6 bottles per case) but I'm finding extremely limited distribution to a limited amount of their stores.

Tough to be sure about anything in this business.... but I think Abraham is going to be around for a while.... hanging out with Parker , Geo. T, William Larue, EH and the rest of the gang who seem to come out of hiding at least once a year...

I think you nailed it...bingo!

• 2 months later...
Are you sure there is going to be a 2012/2013 release? I called the distillery a few weeks ago looking for a bottle and they were simply apologetic that they were out...and then up-sold the rye. They made it sound like the 18 yr was a one time fluke thing.

I was at the distillery a couple of weeks ago and shown 7 barrels of AA barreled in 1993 ready to be dumped. Was told each had about 10 gallons in it. Was also told it would happen soon.

BTW, it's a great tour with Truman Cox, so if you are near I would visit.

That is too cool - do you know how long the barrels have been in Virginia?

I was at the distillery a couple of weeks ago and shown 7 barrels of AA barreled in 1993 ready to be dumped. Was told each had about 10 gallons in it. Was also told it would happen soon.

BTW, it's a great tour with Truman Cox, so if you are near I would visit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.