Empty Bottle Support Group 2012

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A VOB BIB hit the bin last night as Operation Polish Off the Partials marches on.

Polished off a bottle of ETL.

As did I! I really enjoyed that bottle. Going back to bottle shop to get another.

Knocked off my Lot B last night.:frown:

Good thing I have another in reserve.:grin:

Special reserve?

:lol: :lol: That is a "special" reserve.:lol: :lol:

Duh:lol:

I'm quite slow on the uptake. Yes especialy special reserve.

I have a hole in my bar because I just finished off another Pappy 15 from 09. I have a few still in my stash but still I'm sad because I've been very conservative with this one.

Any recommendations on what should take its place?

A VOB BIB hit the bin last night as Operation Polish Off the Partials marches on.

Trying to do some of the same as there are other bottles I want to open but need room in the cabinet. This week took care of an ORVW 10/107 and a Kenwood OWA.

Gary

Tonight saw the last of a delicious to the very end Russell's Reserve 101. The original bottle had to become empty just after opening as of course the cork crumbled. Said contents were then strained into an empty VWFRR bottle with its still functioning cork.

Slope shouldered Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve. I know I got one left in my stack of boxes and hoping even two but too lazy to start rearranging stuff. I'm a non spread sheet (or even notes) kind of guy with regards to my inventory...just in my DNA.

BMH is hitting the can tonight. this was a very drinkable bottle and seemed to go down quickly.

A good one to have around.

B

WT 101 rye - my first bottle - started out a bit shaky but has really grown on me over the past few months. Not sure if it was the air or my palate - maybe a bit of both - but such a nice combo of sweet and spicy. I'll be picking up a few bottles for stock before the weekend...

Rich

I'm a non spread sheet (or even notes) kind of guy with regards to my inventory...just in my DNA.

I'm like that in life but not in whiskey. I crafted a lovely spreadsheet that tells me (among other things) that my stock is 67% bourbon, 19% rye and 14% Scotch, Irish and other. 52% of my 25 open bottles are bourbon, 16% are rye, 20% are Scotch and 12% are other.

If I was this organized in life, my posts here would be a liability my handlers would not allow.

Farewell to my last pour of Russell's Reserve 10/101. I really enjoyed that bottle and hope to stumble upon another one in the future. But on to my pewter-topped Kentucky Spirit. To be continued...:grin:

WT 101 rye - my first bottle - started out a bit shaky but has really grown on me over the past few months. Not sure if it was the air or my palate - maybe a bit of both - but such a nice combo of sweet and spicy. I'll be picking up a few bottles for stock before the weekend...

Rich

I prefer Rittenhouse Rye 100 but when that's not available I reach for the WT 101 rye. It's excellent.

Bill

Goodbye & good riddance to the half a bottle I split with Sku. Even with a cold and virtually unable to taste anything, it was still clearly no good.

Goodbye & good riddance to the half a bottle I split with Sku. Even with a cold and virtually unable to taste anything, it was still clearly no good.

Half a bottle of Rebel Yell I should say. no good.

I prefer Rittenhouse Rye 100 but when that's not available I reach for the WT 101 rye. It's excellent.

Bill

I agree completely - I found some Ritt BIB a while back and it's awesome. My favorite rye so far and super affordable. But that's the first and only time I've found the Ritt so I'm very happy to make sure I have some Turkey rye 101 around too. :grin:

I drained a bottle of BT, and a bottle of Henry McKenna in the past week or so. I also vatted what I had left of a Kahn's OWA and a Everett's Weller SR, so I did have another bottle that bit the dust too.

Had to take my little princess to go see "Journey 2" today... polished off what was left of my Jim Beam Black to prepare me for the experience.

It will most likely be replaced... eventually. But for the first time in a long time, it is no longer my stoic relied upon regular pour, having dropped well behind some others.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!