A fire breaks out, what 3 bottles do you grab? Excluding Pappy

gburger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A fire breaks out, what 3 bottles do you grab on your way out? Excluding Pappy.

Pappy is an easy choice for many, so I excluded it on purpose.

My 3 are: Parker's Heritage Wheat or Cask (which ever one is fullest)

William Larue Weller

Four Roses 2011, my other variations are already gone.

I also am chugging some George T. Stagg on the way out, might as well be buzzed while watching my house burn down.

depends -- if I think the house could be saved, I'd take the Stagg's, as they are accelerants. if not, I have a few bottles of wine worth more than anything I have on the whiskey side, but for the argument, I'd grab the Saz 18's.

My signed '40th birthday' bottle of Fred Noe Select, an Evan Williams bottle that has a personalised label commemorating our first visit to the US, and then whatever else got in my way as I ran for the door.

Hmmm... This is a tough one as I have little to nothing that most people would consider worth saving, but for argument sake, Eagle Rare 17, Old Rip Van Winkle 10/107 and Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve.

Edit: Damn, forgot that one of these would have to be left behind to take the last bottle of Whiskey my father bought. It is nothing special per second,a bottle of Usher Irish Whiskey from about 83 (still has the tax band intaxt), but it is the one that (for sentimental reasons in particular) cannot be replaced. So I guess the Knob Creek (easiest to replace) would be sacrificed to the fire.

I am sure this kind of thread has been done in different variations before, but I still love the concept. Here are my three:

Bowman rye

Bowman SB bourbon #5 barrel

Hmmm.... Tough call on the last one.. Probably the Taylor BIB from '74. And hope the EH Taylor Tornado survives another calamity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three bottles of OGD 114 bottles in 1980. On a lighter side I'm posting a picture of my emergency kit. You just crack it open when completely out of bourbon.

post-5814-14489817735736_thumb.jpg

post-5814-14489817735736_thumb.jpg

If a fire were to really break out in my house I would be a frantic mess and whiskey would be one of the last things on my mind. A couple of years ago I managed to set an exterior wall of my house on fire with charcoal ashes from about 4 days prior that I thought were completely spent. I put the fire out myself but that really freaked me out. I had cleaned up my smoker in the morning, went to the store, and when I returned I walked in my house to find smoke in the air and my 14 year old son playing PS3. My son says, "Hey dad it's getting kind of smokey in here", doesn't take his eye off the video game for a second.

Just to play along and since I don't own anything that is really hard to replace I would grab the three most expensive bottles. I guess that would be my Talisker, a THH I bought last year, and my ORVW 10/107. I think I paid more for the Blantons but I would take the ORVW instead. My son would probably grab his PS3.

Easy one for me...

L1000691.jpg

Let's take a closer look....

L1000692.jpg

Yup, pre-tanked Saz. Not something I plan on opening for a very long time and special enough I don't really count them as part of my drinkable bunker...yet.

I also am chugging some George T. Stagg on the way out, might as well be buzzed while watching my house burn down.

:slappin:thanks for the visual

1. Bottle of WT 101 signed by Mr. Russell

2. Bottle of wheated bourbon I aged myself (not that it's great, but it wouldn't be easy to replace)

3. WT American Spirit or Tradition, whichever had the most left in it.

All unopened.

1. My last PHC Wheated.

2. Vintage 21yr Rye

3. Hirsch 16yr Gold Foil. (Only because I'll need a downpayment on the next house.)

Bourbons: Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit, Old Forester Birthday (2002), Old Grand Dad 114

If non-bourbons are included, I would have some tough choices to keep it down to three.

Tim

If the blaze from the burning bourbon wasn't too intense, 20yo a.h. hirsch, jd 1996 bicentenial bottle saved for retirement, and a 23yo orvw decanter set to toast the response team. tim

I don't have that much bourbon on hand at the moment. And if I can't grab my bottles of Pappy then I guess I'd have to grab my Lagavulin 16, Laphroaig 10 and Ardbeg Uigeadail.

First thing I'd grab is my bung hammer signed by Mr. Russell to smash through anything that is in my way of getting to my stash! I chug the last of my open William Larue Weller, then I'd grab

1. Bottle of WT 101 signed by Mr. Russell

2. WT American Spirit or Tradition, whichever had the most left in it.

3. Maker's Mark Founders bottle that I dipped myself on my first trip to the KY Bourbon Trail...I know it is not worth much, but Maker's in Coke was my everyday nectar for years before I got turned on to the finer side of bourbons.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.