A fire breaks out, what 3 bottles do you grab? Excluding Pappy

gburger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

First thing I'd grab is my bung hammer signed by Mr. Russell to smash through anything that is in my way of getting to my stash! I chug the last of my open William Larue Weller, then I'd grab

1. Bottle of WT 101 signed by Mr. Russell

2. WT American Spirit or Tradition, whichever had the most left in it.

3. Maker's Mark Founders bottle that I dipped myself on my first trip to the KY Bourbon Trail...I know it is not worth much, but Maker's in Coke was my everyday nectar for years before I got turned on to the finer side of bourbons.

Let #3 go, and dip another one next June.

I only have three bottles of bourbon in my house right now, FR1B, WTRB, and KC, that's what I'd grab. My other bottles are still at the store. Some of them are still in barrels in KY.

Let #3 go, and dip another one next June.

Good point...I'm grabbing the decanter set #3 then, and sharing it with whichever fire fighter rescues the rest of the bunker from the blaze!

But since all my whiskey is already stored in cases, wouldn't it be quicker and easier and save more whiskey to just grab a couple of boxes and head on out the door?

I'm going to have to choose based on difficulty of replacement. Since we're excluding Van Winkles, the VWFRR is going up in flames. What a damn shame. The Bowman Rye and Bourbon are going to be very hard to find, so I'm grabbing those. The last bottle has to be something fairly dusty and I'm having trouble deciding. Do I take the ND OGD BIB that I know is phenomenal and I haven't seen elsewhere? Or do I take the ER101 Lawrenceberg that I've never tasted? I think I'd always wonder what the ER101 tasted like, whereas I've enjoyed the OGD, so I'll grab the ER.

Or do I take the ER101 Lawrenceberg that I've never tasted? I think I'd always wonder what the ER101 tasted like, whereas I've enjoyed the OGD, so I'll grab the ER.
What are you waiting for?

What are you waiting for?

I don't know. I had too many open bottles when I bought it, so I wanted to save it. Then I think I kept passing over it because it's in a wooden gift box and I kept forgetting it was there. I guess it's time.

Without hesitation, this will be my last priority in that situation and hope that they survive somehow.

The first two is easy:

1. VVOF18

2. VXOF

3. Is going to be hard and will force me to wait to long and get burn deciding:

Toss up between one of my VVOF, the AH16 Blue wax, the "really old" OWA, or maybe the ORVW15.

Pappy is not even on the list or my thoughts in that situation, unless ORVW15 counts since that bottle kick start my addiction of SW juice.

Maybe I will just toss my valued bottles into my freezer and refrigerator since it's right near it and deal with the important things.

Cheers

--Hugh

Note to self: Get to know tigerlam92 in '12. Any chance your Bay Area is near Wine Country?

Without hesitation, this will be my last priority in that situation and hope that they survive somehow.

The first two is easy:

1. VVOF18

2. VXOF

3. Is going to be hard and will force me to wait to long and get burn deciding:

Toss up between one of my VVOF, the AH16 Blue wax, the "really old" OWA, or maybe the ORVW15.

Pappy is not even on the list or my thoughts in that situation, unless ORVW15 counts since that bottle kick start my addiction of SW juice.

Maybe I will just toss my valued bottles into my freezer and refrigerator since it's right near it and deal with the important things.

Cheers

--Hugh

I think I should drink up everything in the bunker so i never have to make this choice.

I'd be standing in the bunker trying to decide while the house burned down with me inside.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.