Potato Whiskey

sku
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So what would you call a vodka distillate that was produced at a lower proof?

Straight up "hooch" ;)

I see this all the time on shelves here in CO. And it frustrates me every time. It's not whiskey if its made from potatoes! :smiley_acbt: I hope the regulations aren't becoming more lax...

I also tried it at a local festival, back before I knew anything about it. Let's just say I didn't enjoy it.

There is an awful lot of people who believe Irish whiskey is made from potatoes...

(when I first keyed that in I used the word "astonishing" rather than "awful" but then considered the long list of other silly things people believe...and went back and changed it...)

WTF?.............

• 3 weeks later...
I went to the distillery a few months back. The whiskey is not whiskey. It tasted like caramel flavor was added yuk! On the other hand, Rob's Mtn. Gin is very good IMO.

On another note, has anyone tried Fireside Colorado Straight Whiskey? It is pretty new (last month or so?). It is from Mile High Spirits and it looks like they were originally a private labeler.

http://www.privatebranddistilling.com/our-brands/

I'm going to their new storefront the afternoon to pick up a bottle.

Interesting. I wonder who makes it? It's described only as "whiskey distilled from grain."

Interesting. I wonder who makes it? It's described only as "whiskey distilled from grain."

They say they have one of only 3 fully glass stills in the world. I think that they have been a private label company for long enough that they very well may have made this whiskey (stated as a 4yo).

I will ask and will report back on what I find and the quality.

They say they have one of only 3 fully glass stills in the world. I think that they have been a private label company for long enough that they very well may have made this whiskey (stated as a 4yo).

I will ask and will report back on what I find and the quality.

It doesn't look like they had a licensed distillery until this year, so they must have gotten the juice from somewhere else.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.