Tequila Forum

Max Power

• 3 months later...

Quiet round these parts...

Finishing off a Codigo Origen Extra Anejo. 

It's good. Not worth the price of entry, but good. 

20221216_235925.jpg

I’m part of a small bourbon group, and our last meet up was tequila night. Some of the guys there had never tried tequila before, but everyone found something they really enjoyed. 
B7FACD36-3AFF-49DE-A1DC-C2922ECDC366.thumb.jpeg.7b4506f916ca6b4f53226c2e85b92166.jpeg

• I like it 4

• 1 month later...

I’ve been dabbling in tequila the last 3-4 years and have come to really enjoy it, even at the 80 pf at which most of it is bottled. More surprisingly, my favorite is a blanco. I’ll drink a resposado or anejo but the barrel aging impairs the flavor for me rather than enhancing it. I’m still a novice. I’ve stayed away from hype brands like The Rock’s Terramana but maybe it’s good. Casamigos is fine. My daily drinker is Tres Generaciones blanco, which is $35-45 depending on where I shop. I revisited Don Julio anejo a week ago and was surprised to find I no longer cared for it. That’ll be some money saved. 

I dropped in here to see if there was any activity since tequila passed whiskey in 2022 for the fastest growing spirit. Anyone else expanding their repertoire to tequila?

Tequila is probably one of the first spirits I started experimenting with years ago.  I like a lot of different things, and eventually circle back to the Tequila at times.  Myself, I usually prefer the reposado over the blanco version of most brands.

Expanding my repertoire - Olmeca Altos and Espolon both really in my wheel house.  

• 4 weeks later...

Saw off some Pasote last night. I see they've changed branding and source, so I'll be drinking down what I have left and moving on. 

20230302_222336.jpg

3A699CE6-298B-4B17-B96E-6BDC44B496B4.thumb.jpeg.8ec37108915cfa0d6035268282a5d2df.jpegI picked up what should be a very nice tequila today. Not sure when I will open it. 

• I like it 2

32 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

3A699CE6-298B-4B17-B96E-6BDC44B496B4.thumb.jpeg.8ec37108915cfa0d6035268282a5d2df.jpegI picked up what should be a very nice tequila today. Not sure when I will open it. 

May it live up to its name!

• 1 month later...

A little Fortaleza Reposado to salute Cinco de Mayo.  

23098F34-9D53-4DDA-BFA0-26F68E3675D0.jpeg

• I like it 2

My Cinco De Mayo celebration included Espolon Reposado and Olmeca Altos Anejo.  🇲🇽

• 11 months later...

Wow, it's been a year for this thread.

I'm going a bit more value brand this Cinco de Mayo, since that's what's in the cabinet. 

Rancho Alegre Tequila Reposado (100% agave) 1 liter bottle  🇲🇽