Tequila Forum

Max Power

17 minutes ago, flahute said:

Well done Wade.

Thanks.  Scrolling through this post, 2 bottles that I suggest never worth buying might stir up a little debate in here.

• I like it 1

I enjoyed the article Wade.  I will try and track down some of your suggested brands.  I agree with you on the Olmeca Altos.

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

I enjoyed the article Wade.  I will try and track down some of your suggested brands.  I agree with you on the Olmeca Altos.

El Tesoro is owned by Beam Suntory and is widely available.  Siete Leguas is owned by Sazerac and also should be easy to find.  The others I can find easily in Texas but I'm not sure how wide of distribution they have across the US.

I'm not a huge tequila fan, but I like this one and absolutely love the transparency from Siembra Azul. This is from their 12yr Special Anniversary Edition:

P1110503.JPG

• I like it 1

Great article as usual Wade! I left a somewhat lengthy comment on the article. I may differ a bit on some points, and we can certainly debate some aspects of the article, but as always, it was well researched and very informative. 

• I like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did some bunker raiding and came out with Exotico Reposado I had picked up on sale a while ago.  It goes well with the recent heat and humidity.  I get honey, citrus, and pepper.

5 hours ago, beasled said:

First pour of this...

20200612_212445.jpg

Man, you made me reach for the same, but instead I found this in my spare cork basket. Imagine my disappointment. Will correct the situation tomorrow. 

3003827A-23A7-42DF-9E00-C27B5420CCBC.jpeg

On 5/26/2020 at 8:02 AM, dcbt said:

I usually buy Cazadores Extra Anejo; now I may have to rethink that. 

Why?  I’m guessing you are a repeat buyer because you enjoy it.  

4 hours ago, Kane said:

Man, you made me reach for the same, but instead I found this in my spare cork basket. Imagine my disappointment. Will correct the situation tomorrow. 

3003827A-23A7-42DF-9E00-C27B5420CCBC.jpeg

I do love their corks, got a couple in my basket too!

I've been trying a few Mezcal samples today, getting ready to dip my toe... but I've also been enjoying some G4 blanco and the Fortaleza winter blend above. 

33 minutes ago, beasled said:

I've been trying a few Mezcal samples today, getting ready to dip my toe... but I've also been enjoying some G4 blanco and the Fortaleza winter blend above. 

Decisions, decisions. ?   Good luck! 

Biba! Joe

9 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Decisions, decisions. ?   Good luck! 

Biba! Joe

Thanks! Slim pickings of it on these shores so I need to spend wisely... 

Cheers :)

Question: What are the best Liquor stores and bars in Los Angeles for tequila?  And the best mexican food?

On 6/16/2020 at 5:35 PM, briankeith513 said:

Question: What are the best Liquor stores and bars in Los Angeles for tequila?  And the best mexican food?

Can’t speak to LA but Old Town Liquor store in San Diego has a large agave spirits collection. Bottles are literally stacked everywhere they can find space. Upstairs they have a Mexican restaurant. Never eaten there so no idea if it is any good but I bet the the selection of agave spirits is excellent!

Edited by tanstaafl2
  • I like it 1

4 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Can’t speak to LA but Old Town Liquor store in San Diego has a large agave spirits collection. Bottles are literally stacked everywhere they can find space. Upstairs they have a Mexican restaurant. Never eaten there so no idea if it is any good but I bet the the selection of agave spirits is excellent!

Listen to this man. I'm currently looking into San Diego plane tickets just because of this post.

On 6/16/2020 at 5:35 PM, briankeith513 said:

Guelaguetza is great for Oaxacan food and mezcal.  Mission Wine and Spirits (multiple locations) is solid across the board.   K&L is also worth the trip.  

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, beasled said:

Enjoyed the blanco and the reposado so thought I'd give the anejo a try. 

20200714_152206.jpg

And how it is?  I am always looking for good Tequila.

12 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

And how it is?  I am always looking for good Tequila.

Sorry not opened yet, only just arrived. I shall report back with findings when I do.

The blanco and reposado are worth a go though.

• I like it 1

Last pour of this bottle. Not a lot of love for them these days it seems but the anejo remains solid for me. 

20200717_223947.jpg

• I like it 3