Stagg Wins Again

mosugoji64
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last year I was able to find stagg sitting on the shelf around release time, this will definitely make it harder. Hate stupid best of lists like this!

Hopefully the hype will die down a bit before the release. Those that aren't fans already will forget about it.

Unfortunately the hype is already at a frenzy stage.

As a side note, don't care much for Pacult's reviews or ratings.

How do you guys think the WLW compares to the Pappy 15?

Many here will disagree with me, but personally I like the Pappy 15 more, but is obviously a bit harder to find.

The WLW, to me, is just too hot. I may just not be manly enough for it.

Pappy 15 has a nice balance of wood and sweetness.

Many here will disagree with me, but personally I like the Pappy 15 more, but is obviously a bit harder to find.

The WLW, to me, is just too hot. I may just not be manly enough for it.

Pappy 15 has a nice balance of wood and sweetness.

Well, WLW is a cask release. You can always cut it down.

Great! More WLW for me!

This is what I was thinking as well.

Best regards, Tony

Another accolade for Stagg. They just keep coming. Whiskey of the Year. Spirit of the Year. Etc., etc. And even then, we give the :hot: when the price goes up $10 from the previous year.

80 bucks...We should be kissing Sazarac's a$$ that they haven't already tripled that...

80 bucks...We should be kissing Sazarac's a$$ that they haven't already

tripled that...

Or.... just let it sit on the shelves.:cool:

So no one has asked.....was that award for the 2011 release or an award based on a sample of the yet-unreleased 2012?

So no one has asked.....was that award for the 2011 release or an award based on a sample of the yet-unreleased 2012?

According to the release, it's the coming 2012 version.

I'm inclined to think it's the 2011. There's a short list of reviewers who get new releases of BT whiskeys when they come out and they usually go out to all of this list at the same time. (Not bragging here, but what I'm saying is that I didn't get 2012 releases yet. Just trying to help my fellow SB.com buddies.)

I saw a bottle of the 2012 Stagg hit ebay a month ago which was pretty shocking. There definitely are some floating around.

I saw a bottle of the 2012 Stagg hit ebay a month ago which was pretty shocking. There definitely are some floating around.

What proof was that bottle?

I'll presume a smilie should have been included at the end to indicate your intent to lampoon an ebay buyer.

From the BT press release, which went out on Tuesday:

The 2012 version of the George T. Stagg will be released later this fall withthe Antique Collection. Suggested retail pricing of the Stagg is $69.99.

From the BT press release, which went out on Tuesday:

The 2012 version of the George T. Stagg will be released later this fall withthe Antique Collection. Suggested retail pricing of the Stagg is $69.99.

Now if only some of the retailers would respect the BT suggested retail price for GTS as well as respecting their customers without gouging them!

What proof was that bottle?

It's like knowing the future!!!

Now if only some of the retailers would respect the BT suggested retail price for GTS as well as respecting their customers without gouging them!

That will never happen.

I want to choke the Payless (PayMORE as I call them) owner in this area....his Staggs are $110 on the shelf.

Pisses me off......

But, of course, someone pays it. Someone always pays it.....

That will never happen.

I want to choke the Payless (PayMORE as I call them) owner in this area....his Staggs are $110 on the shelf.

Pisses me off......

But, of course, someone pays it. Someone always pays it.....

And the bad thing is that since the chain sells so much of the lower end BT product line, they (along with United and 21st Amendment) get almost all of the BTAC product in Indianapolis (with the vast majority staying in the Northside stores).

Their everyday items are reasonable, but their limited release pricing is ridiculous. That's the LAST place I'd go for anything like Stagg. Let me know if you do end up choking him and get some good stuff. :grin:

Or.... just let it sit on the shelves.:cool:

Yes, you can. If, you're not interested in sipping the single greatest whiskey on the PLANET!. But, like most of us, I'm sure you'd reach deep and fork over the coin. Because again, it is the single greatest whiskey on the planet and I know from your history here that you appreciate fine whiskies! :) The nice unintended consequences of higher pricing would be that Stagg might now actually be found on a...shelf!!! And, not on some jackwad's picture on here along with 20 other bottles of it and a boatload of other hard to get Bottlings that the picture taker has no intention of ever drinking! I say price the jackwads out of the market.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.