cigarnv

What are you cookin on the smoker?

fishnbowljoe

It looks like our immediate family is off Friday. I brought up the possibility of cooking out. More than likely it will be a no go. Temps in the low 90’s and high humidity.  😓  Oh well.

Biba! Joe

Mattk
1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Oh, MAN!   Now, that is a Summer meal to enjoy!     LOVELY!!!!      I'd bury my face in that in a heartbeat, if given the opportunity.

I'm in MD... Stop by whenever. I host Sunday brunches when it's not covid time

• I like it 1

Bob_Loblaw

Family weekend. FILs birthday this past week and he is a big fan of lamb. Made some lamb sliders with fresh parsley and mint for the grill. Then a rack of Lamb chops to smoke over an open fire tomorrow.  Some freshly made polish and ABTs will make an appearance in the “smoker” at some point.  Dark n Stormys thus far as the poison of choice. Dangerously good. 

Thumbs up on the sliders. I never remember to take a picture post cook!

54CB03CB-CB6E-4C84-93DF-F126BF9EE7AE.jpeg

• I like it 1

JCwhammie

First try at STL spare ribs. They tasted fantastic, but the Misses and I agree we're both baby back people. 

20200703_133612.jpg

• I like it 2

fishnbowljoe

The American Legion post I’m a member of is finally open once again. Of course with many restrictions. They are having a special event this evening. A grilled pork chop fund raiser. Since we aren’t grilling out here at home over this holiday weekend, we figured we’s still get something grilled, and help out my Post to boot. Win! Win! I’m headed out in a couple of minutes to grab a couple of carry out meals. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

HoustonNit
Posted (edited)

Happy 4th everyone.  I’m talking a shot at smoking some beef ribs, smoked on the kettle.  Rubbed generously with sea salt, lots of pepper, cayenne and garlic powder.

Of course Spraying it down for moisture with vinegar and JW Dant BIB.

Also while waiting for the coals to get to temp I made cowboy sourdough biscuits.

BFED2223-9B6D-4CB0-92C2-1847D0A6889F.thumb.jpeg.2705601433fc2570a5e83236e45a161b.jpeg

652A7FD6-98EF-429C-828A-61984F161062.jpeg

Edited by HoustonNit
  • I like it 2

HoustonNit

Came out acceptable, especially for my first attempt and will be spared from the chili pot.

Cooked to fast at around 6 hours instead of at least 7.   Would’ve also like a little bit more spark.  Otherwise it had gray flavor and was really moist but didn’t come out like pot roast which some times happens with these ribs.

ED2F85B5-68FA-4DDE-ACEA-4F01A9BBB343.jpeg

854CD58E-1394-4F00-AE75-788E835BE4F6.jpeg

• I like it 1

smokinjoe

I didn’t smoke anything tonight, but took some frozen leftover smoked pork butt and whipped up a hash with some other left overs.

B23A236F-4DCD-4AA2-BC73-BDA7F975BF90.jpeg

• I like it 2

JCwhammie

Low n slow pork steaks and Sierra Nevada Summerfest. I broke out the Cards pint glass, as I am missing baseball like crazy. 

20200714_173724.jpg

• I like it 2

Mattk

I've recently been into bbq over veggies. I drink the carbs. Wilderness Trail (do we have an acronym yet that doesn't overlap wild turkey?) Rye. Honey glazed county style ribs over spinach and things.IMG_20200714_184418.thumb.jpg.db2de8a75bea97d0cd481b24ba7bc272.jpg

• I like it 2

smokinjoe
42 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Low n slow pork steaks and Sierra Nevada Summerfest. I broke out the Cards pint glass, as I am missing baseball like crazy. 

20200714_173724.jpg

Nice.  I hear you Whammie, the lack of baseball is such a bummer.  ☹️

• I like it 1

Clueby
14 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Nice.  I hear you Whammie, the lack of baseball is such a bummer.  ☹️

Not a huge baseball fan but it just doesn't seem like summer with Cards games on the radio.

Missed hockey like mad.  So glad we are getting a playoff.  Can't wait.  LGB!!!

• I like it 1

fishnbowljoe

I’m not grilling or smoking anything today. It’s too freaking hot out! It was 94 °. Add the humidity in, and the heat index said it felt like it was 103°. So, I broke out the skillet and pan fried some small sirloin strip steaks. A little butter in the frying pan to start. My sauce was a mix of Worcestershire sauce, Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory & Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, and a dash or two of Kikkoman Soy Sauce.The spice I used was McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon. I used a medium low heat to cook ‘em low and slow. Not too bad. Not too bad at all. 😋 :P 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

dcbt

It was cooler than usual today, 94 with a heat index of 103 or so, so had to hit the grill.  :), Joe.

Lamb on the left, pork-and-mango on the right, before and after.

IMG_20200726_1710299.jpg

IMG_20200726_1802138.jpg

• I like it 2

Skinsfan1311

Beef ribs & cornbread.

I rarely foil anything,  but brisket.

These guys were pretty small so, after 3hrs of smoke, I put them in a covered  pan with red wine, beef broth, butter, Worcestershire and a little rub. 

Took 'em to 200° and they're resting in a cooler now. Can't wait to eat!

20200726_185451.jpg

20200726_190103.jpg

• I like it 2

dcbt
51 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Beef ribs & cornbread.

Looks good, FootballTeamfan1311. :)

Mattk

Grill and stove today. But I think this counts. Sirloin topped with onions, mushrooms and green bells. In a special glaze.

IMG_20200727_183920.jpg

IMG_20200727_183851.jpg