2012 btac

threejean
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey folks, I know I'm early, but has anyone heard any rumors regarding this year's release?

Exactly. I got a WLW in '10 and a GTS in '11. With the exception of Saz, I am focusing solely on the William Larue.

Doesn't the BTAC series normally hit the shelves around September? We've still got a little while to wait.

I heard that it will be in the fall, and will include 2 Rye-Bourbons, 1 Wheater, and 2 Straight Ryes.

I heard that it will be in the fall, and will include 2 Rye-Bourbons, 1 Wheater, and 2 Straight Ryes.

That's why I love this board...someone always has the inside information.

Hasn't it been like that for the past few years with Eagle Rare 17, GTStagg, WL Weller, Saz18, and Handy?

Hasn't it been like that for the past few years with Eagle Rare 17, GTStagg, WL Weller, Saz18, and Handy?

I don't know if this is true, because I heard it different. Word on the street is that there will be 3 barrel proof/unfiltered bottlings and 2 18 year olds.

I would love to get some WLW and Handy. In L.A. the waiting lists are already started.

Put me down for trying to find some Weller as well, very good stuff.

Best regards, Tony

2012 Stagg is 142.8 proof. But I think that might already be old news.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13909[/ATTACH]

That's the 2011 Stagg.

I heard from Harlaan Wheetly himself, the MD from BT at a private tasting in Mexico City that the 2012 Stagg will no longer be "Un-cut" due to high demand for the product and that it will be 80 proof and will contain additional stock from the top ricks of the Barton distillery in order to maintain the same flavor profile at the lower proof. He said, "No, I'm not crazy. People don't care about proof or where the whiskey comes from these days, as long as it has the same brand name and flavor profile, like they know the difference, they will pay. Oh yes, they will pay."

That's the 2011 Stagg.

I heard from Harlaan Wheetly himself, the MD from BT at a private tasting in Mexico City that the 2012 Stagg will no longer be "Un-cut" due to high demand for the product and that it will be 80 proof and will contain additional stock from the top ricks of the Barton distillery in order to maintain the same flavor profile at the lower proof. He said, "No, I'm not crazy. People don't care about proof or where the whiskey comes from these days, as long as it has the same brand name and flavor profile, like they know the difference, they will pay. Oh yes, they will pay."

You left out the evil Muahahahahaha laugh.

Hmm...that differs slightly from the rumour that I heard. Apparently this year they will introduce "Honey Stagg" at 80 proof in a crystal decanter shaped like a deer head.

No no no, no, Harlen was lying, he don't know squat. This year's Stagg will be Stag(g) Surviving: "In 2010, several deer broke into revered Warehouse K and proceeded to rampage the ricks, their antlers wildly puncturing dozens of barrels that held our illustrious George T. Stagg bourbon whiskey. When the deer started drinking, they really kicked it into high gear, resulting in losses of well over 100 barrels. This year's release of George T. Stagg comes from the barrels fortunate enough to survive this tragic event in which all five stags were killed by falling barrels or alcohol poisoning. The eight surviving barrels have produced 773 bottles of extraordinaryly survivable bourbon which will be distributed throughout the country. We expect you'll fight like a stag for your bottle."

Damn stags stole our Stagg!

My source at BT said they were selling everything on eBay. Figured most of them ended up there anyhow, why not lower their carbon footprint? Made sense when they put it that way.

He also mentioned that this year's ER17 will be NAS, and the Handy will only be available in 1.75 L bottles. They're calling it the Handy Handle.

As far as Saz 18, the stainless steel tank it was in was mistaken as ethanol and accidentally sold to exxon-mobil as fuel additive. They're going to source some Straight Rye Whiskey from an UN-disclosed distillery in Clermont, KY for the Saz 18 and of course it will have to again be NAS.

I just got an email from an insider that told me that Black Maple Hill will be bottling all of the Antique Collection for Buffalo Trace this year. Of course all of the bottles will now be NAS from distillers with a privacy clause, but of course it isn't Heaven Hill. He also said that these new bottles will only be sold to boutique cocktail bars in NYC, San Fran, Philly, Chicago, and LA for mixers in Old Fashioneds and Manhattans.

I heard that, due to the lower perceived value of the product, every bottle of 2012 Handy will contain a real severed human hand.

I'm excited to announce that I am now the official and exclusive EBAY representative for the BTAC. Just remember, the value of the item is in the bottle, not it's contents.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.