2012 btac

threejean
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wow, this thread went downhill quickly!

You should see what would happen if the OP asked us about rumors concerning this fall's Van Winkle release.

You should see what would happen if the OP asked us about rumors concerning this fall's Van Winkle release.

What is this Van Winkle you speak of?

I heard that, due to the lower perceived value of the product, every bottle of 2012 Handy will contain a real severed human hand.

No no no, no, Harlen was lying, he don't know squat. This year's Stagg will be Stag(g) Surviving: "In 2010, several deer broke into revered Warehouse K and proceeded to rampage the ricks, their antlers wildly puncturing dozens of barrels that held our illustrious George T. Stagg bourbon whiskey. When the deer started drinking, they really kicked it into high gear, resulting in losses of well over 100 barrels. This year's release of George T. Stagg comes from the barrels fortunate enough to survive this tragic event in which all five stags were killed by falling barrels or alcohol poisoning. The eight surviving barrels have produced 773 bottles of extraordinaryly survivable bourbon which will be distributed throughout the country. We expect you'll fight like a stag for your bottle."

Damn stags stole our Stagg!

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the game here, but this was the press release that I got:

"Yes folks, it is Stagg's 10 year anniversary. In honor of this momentous event we will be adjusting the price back to the original launch price of $35 with one small caveat. (We will be putting an extra zero at the end of the price.) So call your favorite liquor store that was coerced into taking one 1000 cases of regular buffalo trace to get 2 bottles of Stagg and start begging. We are sure it will be somewhat be worth it!"

I heard that it will be in the fall, and will include 2 Rye-Bourbons, 1 Wheater, and 2 Straight Ryes.

lol. my sources say the same.

No more for MI, the BT rep says it's to much trouble and causes to much trouble.

Ever since a case of Stagg got steered my way, some shows up at my local store every year!

Thomas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.