$250K for 1913 STITZEL WELLER'S ORIGINAL BOURBON, kidding me

tigerlam92
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I went into the bunker for further research...

This is most likely a Very Old Fitzgerald 8 y.o. from approx early 1960 or earlier. That is around when the red tax strips changed over and matches the date on the bottom of the bottle.

The 8 y.o. is the only bottle in that line that didn't have the gold veining on it.

Also, again regarding the suspect label something else stuck out to me...the term "bottled by Stitzel Weller Distillery, Inc."

I could not find that wording 'inc.' was used on any of the Old Fitzgeralds I have. Maybe some Old Weller's from that time period did, so I can't comment but it does stick out as odd that it says "inc." and just another possible indication that the label is fake.

It is most likely an older 8 year VOF pre-1960 which is worth a decent sum.

It's pretty obvious to me it's not bourbon barreled in 1913. The guy is obviously educated enough to KNOW about S/W and comment on the bottle dates, so to me this is a fraudulent bottle and the lister knows it.

The oldest bottles I've had from S/W where all from the early 1940's....and they are very rare.

I didn't like my grammer teacher in HS either.

You had a grammar teacher in high school!

Man, I know I am a little younger than the average member here, but damn...

(:grin:)

You had a grammar teacher in high school!

Man, I know I am a little younger than the average member here, but damn...

(:grin:)

I gave Paul the benefit of the doubt on that last one (he was obviously being sardonic.)

;)

wow very nice bottles Hugh...I will have to double check my oldest VOF 8 but I think mine is a '42 so you got me beat!

Hi,

Agreed. It does look to be like a VOF8 without the gold vein. Also, I notice within the glass bottle it has the federal warning like I saw in the listing as well.

As for the term "bottled by Stitzel Weller Distillery, Inc" One of my VOF has it. I looked at three of my bottles, didn't search the rest, and took a picture to show it could look quite different from one to another depending on the year and bottling. Looks like the listing is gone now so I couldn't double check the image in the listing.

Cheers

--Hugh

So from looking at all the recent legit bottles posted, my arguement about the main label stands. It's.fake. All the legit bottles looked consistent with their age. The bottle being sold has a near mint label with some seriously degraded labels.

Again I would argue that the contents are not the original.

That bothers you, but you're okay with 'cuz'?

Good catch. My excuse is.....I go by the urban dictionary. LOL.

Good catch. My excuse is.....I go by the urban dictionary. LOL.

Then perhaps you need to use the (bo)urban dictionary...

(c'mon, someone was gonna say it...)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.