"Texas Made" Bourbon 1835

wadewood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We don't have that problem in Dallas… Simon Taylor, Sorin Trancau, Larry, Rudy and Vince are always reliable for a good recommendation.

Simon is the one who basically told me I'm wasting my time and money by shopping at Spec's.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?21570-Spec-s-and-the-premiums&highlight=spec%27s

If you're looking to score many bottles of special releases, then you're going to have to hit several places. Simon is usually fair in his distribution and tries to spread the joy around while taking care if his loyal customers. But this is off-topic.

If you're looking for a knowledgeable recommendation on whiskey, then talk to Simon or Sorin. They have different preferences and they both know their stuff. They've introduced me to some great stuff.

Have you ever asked for help finding a bottle of bourbon at Specs? and not I'm looking for xyz specific bottle, just I'm looking for a bourbon?
No, I haven't, and that's probably why.

Have you ever asked for help finding a bottle of bourbon at Specs? and not I'm looking for xyz specific bottle, just I'm looking for a bourbon?

I've done this a couple of times and so far the recommendations were: Willett Pot Still Reserve, Noah's Mill, and Pure Kentucky. I don't ask anymore.

I've done this a couple of times and so far the recommendations were: Willett Pot Still Reserve, Noah's Mill, and Pure Kentucky. I don't ask anymore.

He pushed Rowan's Creek on me when I said I was just checking out the selection. I bought a bottle back when I was giving them my business but wasn't impressed enough to buy another anywhere since.

Edit to add I'm sure they just push the inventory they need to move...

Edited by dcbt

• 5 months later...

Just a quick update on what Spec's is pushing now. I found myself there yesterday unfortunately (to get an agave that Total Wine didn't carry), and I heard the bourbon guy pushing JR Ewing. It just gets worse and worse...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.