What do these guys have in common?

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

That never gets old.

I do remember that one, but didn't get the reference. That's some funny schtuff. :lol: Well done. Reminds me of those SNL skits with Farrell doing Trebek, and Hammonds playing Sean Connery. The one with Sharon Osborne may be the funniest 6 minutes in television. :lol:

Joe, it is a practice which is surely strongly influenced by the climates of the distilling States - mainly Kentucky but Ed Foote worked in Indiana for a time and it can be devilish hot there too.

Also, these gents are (mostly) of a certain age and in their youth, A/C was not invariable. Apart from all this, all distilleries are hot steamy places.

This is why IMO the trait you identified is typical. This is why I believe Randy B drinks his bourbon the same way - Texas is still hot A/C or no A/C, right Randy? :)

Gary

Well according to the Regan's book, all of these guys drink their whiskey "on the rocks", and some will add water. Only Jimmy Russell responded that he drink his "neat, OR on the rocks". Considering the lengths that I read some folks here go in preparation of drinking their whiskey, I was mildly amused at the simplistic, and, I guess according to many presumptuous "armchair experts", the non-"connoisseurish" :D way in which they enjoy the fruits of their own creations.

Damn! I can't believe ive been doing it wrong all these years! :smiley_acbt:I have been wasting all that whiskey by drinking it neat. Now i just have to figure out how to cram those cubes into my Glencairn.

They are 16 people who have never been in my kitchen.

Dude!!!!

You stole that line from Ciff Clavin of "Cheers" when he was on the TV show Jepordy and he couldn't answer a question,...(good job)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.