What wine are you drinking? Fall/Winter 2012

Clavius
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

09 Lincourt chardonnay. One of the only chardonnays I like. The nose is coconut and banana, and the palette buttery. It's part of a case left over from my wedding which makes it all the better.

http://www.dnaindia.com/health/report_red-wine-wards-off-cholesterol_1788899

Red wine wards off cholesterol

Published: Monday, Jan 14, 2013, 18:54 IST

Agency: IANS

More reason to enjoy a glass of red with your steak etc.

"...anti-oxidants in the wine known as polyphenols prevented these compounds from being absorbed into the bloodstream where they can cause harm, the "Journal of Functional Foods" reports."

I really enjoy the various meritage / blends showing up with a favorite being Ménage à Trois (a value buy) - Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot.

Apothic and Gnarly Head are others. These are nice inexpensive bottles to have on hand.

This thread is clearly labeled. We're well aware u like Beam Rye, OGD, and Barton. Tell us something new.

Thought I'd already posted that. They say memory is the first thing to go, at least I think that's what they said.

A little Locations E-1 tonight, from Dave Phinney of Orin Swift fame. Good, but I prefer F-1 from France over this Spanish blend.

With our grilled ribeye steak last night, we tried the Kirkland Signature (Costco) Cotes du Rhone Villages (2010). It was wonderful!

Tim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not really a wine guy, bourbon and craft beer take up most of my attention, but occasionally Karen wants wine with dinner. So, after a little Irish-Italian confusion on St Patrick's Day, I made Boursin and sausage stuffed manicotti. I thoroughly enjoyed the '04 Penfold's Bin 389 that she selected.

Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 & the QC 2010 Red at the Quilceda Creek open house/spring release pick-up... Both delicious - been ignoring my wines for far too long.

Last night, split a bottle of Gorman Albatross 2009 with dinner after the Bourbon Bash.

The F1 is a great wine for under 20. Drinks like many of the French blends that are twice that price.

Kirkland Sonoma Chardonnay with dinner, and some Cockburn's 10 yr Tawny after with dessert.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!