So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

Finally warmed up enough out of the deep freeze to allow some outside time.  Bright sunshine, wind has died down, and the Solo going, along with a beer and My Father LE Bijou 1922.  ‘bout dang time!! 🎊

6D0A4BBA-7830-4DC7-BB7A-E9A5FBACE147.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe

• 2 weeks later...

Treating myself to a splurge buy after dinner out with Littlesmokinjoe and Mrssmokinjoe.  

6CDE6205-0C13-488A-836A-AB2C8B8B3542.jpeg

On 2/2/2024 at 8:59 PM, smokinjoe said:

Treating myself to a splurge buy after dinner out with Littlesmokinjoe and Mrssmokinjoe.  

6CDE6205-0C13-488A-836A-AB2C8B8B3542.jpeg

Joe, how was it?

I've been hesitant to pull the trigger at that price.

30 minutes ago, meadeweber said:

Joe, how was it?

I've been hesitant to pull the trigger at that price.

I only bought it because I drew my brother in the Christmas exchange, and got a couple for him along with some Armagnac as his present.  Told myself why picking them out, if I’m going to spend this insane amount on my brother…I should get one for ME!  😂. Plus, I’d never had one.

It was very good.  Solid flavor throughout. I was most impressed with the draw.  I’ve never had a better drawing cigar of this size.  It also never got hot.  And I got every millimeter out of that thing.  😁

I don’t see myself picking this up even remotely regularly.  1X/ year, maybe?  I’m happy with a Don Carlos Presidente as my sorta regular splurge, at just 1/3 the price.  Plus, I’ll still feel presidential with it while also bragging a bit…🤣

• I like it 1

What a week!  AF Don Carlos Belicoso and Chattanooga Whiskey Cask out front to decompress and get the weekend started.      My work week fit this Don Carlos iteration, as I was “muy belicoso” for most of it! 🤣🤣

3F24C992-E06C-4914-AB33-15898F4F2CE0.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Tne plastic factory is off tomorrow for President’s Day, so I’m enjoying a little late Sunday afternoon Macanudo Portofino and Wild Turkey out front.   

467D58FC-89A7-4633-BEA6-F004BD78A2AA.jpeg

Enjoying this end of the work week smoke,  while watching the Sun pass down through the Georgia pines.  This is a hefty and powerful cigar, but big nutty flavor deliciousness.  

2380A479-FD99-435B-8BAF-781A34912843.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I did some yard work and rewarding myself with a good book, a good smoke & the Players Championship reveling in this beautiful weather.

I picked this up in Aruba, back in September. No name stick rolled for the shop in the Domenican, I think. 

20240317_163407.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311

• 2 weeks later...

Montecristo 1935 Anniversary and a MMCS over a cube, as I start the Easter Weekend.  

C9DE586D-EF52-4475-ACE5-8AC469B62FE1.jpeg

• I like it 2

Sitting on the back porch with a book and the O's on the tube.

20240331_134931.jpg

Fixin’ to sit down on this beautiful (if a touch cool for my liking) Sunny afternoon with a Rocky Patel Winter Collection and VOB 90 in the coolest little aluminum cup that I was served a bourbon in last night at the Braves game.  Supposed to be a throw away, to be recycled, alternative to plastic cups… but nope.  It’s a good whiskey drinking vessel.  😂

IMG_5049.jpeg