"Article" about Larceny creates my question about Old Fitzgerald

SFS
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I did an in-glass mingling of Larceny and HH BIB white label a couple weeks ago and it was very nice. Kind of a PHC 2012 Jr.

We have Old Fitzgerald in Seattle but I've never seen Larceny in the store, just at a few bourbon-centric bars.

Because Heaven Hill is a privately-held company, they give out information about sales only sparodically and, typically, vaguely, as they did in that article. If Old Fitzgerald is 'popular' only in a 'half dozen markets,' that's a pretty sad state of affairs for a once venerable brand. Heaven Hill and Sazerac took opposite approaches with the Stitzel-Weller brands they acquired in 1999, but since Sazerac is also private, we don't know which approach has been more successful. Setting aside my sentimentality, however, it's really about making a good wheated bourbon. We know Sazerac can do it and between the wheated Parker's and Larceny, we see that Heaven Hill can do it to. I don't hate Heaven Hill's Old Fitzgerald. I just think they're selling it too young, but I can say that because I'm not trying to manage a legacy brand at a profit. I'm sure they hope to make Larceny a national and even international brand as their flagship wheater. I'm all for it, because it's a good whiskey.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.