Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anybody have any thoughts on the huge number of ECBP Barrel Picks ("Private Barrel" selections) and the fact that they seem to mostly be younger than 12 years?  Obviously the more you widen the acceptable age range the more barrels are available.  Dunno if anyone has purported to find that they can tell which ones are younger and which are 12 years.  Frankly, I never got a lot of strong age notes from ECBP.

3 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Anybody have any thoughts on the huge number of ECBP Barrel Picks ("Private Barrel" selections) and the fact that they seem to mostly be younger than 12 years?  Obviously the more you widen the acceptable age range the more barrels are available.  Dunno if anyone has purported to find that they can tell which ones are younger and which are 12 years.  Frankly, I never got a lot of strong age notes from ECBP.

The age is on the label if it's a private selection. My local just got in a 9 and a 10yr old barrel and both are excellent. I was on the picking team so knew ahead of time how good they were. The 10yr was our first choice and the 9yr a very close second. The 10yr is as good a bottle of ECBP that I've ever had. 

As with all private selections the palates of the pickers are what matters as well as your alignment with them if you have history with other picks.

• I like it 2

I should have said, "if anyone claims to TASTE which ones are younger." 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.