Four Roses Secretariat Decanter and Ltd Ed Bottling

BradleyC
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just saw this on Four Roses facebook page. Looks like they are reviving the ole ceramic decanter and offering a regular glass bottle of the selected whiskey as well. They aren't cheap.

Here's another shot of the unfinished decanter without the hand painting that will be available at this event at the Kentucky Derby Museum! Proceeds from the sale of the bottles will be dedicated to preserving the vast history at the Kentucky Derby Museum & to the Secretariat Foundation benefiting equine-related causes within the racing industry.

http://www.derbymuseum.org/Secretariat/event.htmlMGP+sRHICws9AzPg8MOzpx8VgaoE8qFhgEADLQAoXdonEAkRYQJxySKowJ0DWAPxOPAjEB0OHIBYmSNBUAQzGDAEkhFoT6AjHjzwCaRjTQezSSgEWtFjS6A2ECC4CFSGQhEEVYMsCGQkQIArXwJQCYRnwQInZQUZsJMi0AzHAfIEGtOg9JMcAjNgSWAiEBMIXQLJSUAbRVGWBtAIOBPoQ6AlAoILUFOC4AAEcQhcCHSBgHMCUkKsHDigBogRD7LDcDMEiQKKOyxUDdggJkrEGBQTFiCSPiAAOw==

post-6196-14489818630536_thumb.jpg

post-6196-14489818630536_thumb.jpg

Nice idea and I hope they raise a pile of money with it but I will have to pass.

I'll stick to letting master distillers select my bourbon while taking handicapping tips from the horse crowd.

That thing is a real beaut, and I love both horses and Four Roses, but afraid I'll be passing on that one too.

Glad I am not into horses, can let this one pass and save that money for much more of regular Four Roses expressions.

Best regards, Tony

Freakin weird, I guess the jockey is the stopper? It seems like it would be kind of awkward to pour. I like horses though, so not totally opposed to it.

• 1 month later...

just saw the regular bottle....wonder what it's gonna cost? 3500 bottles, apparently only gonna be sold along "the triple crown trail", however

OK, I'll step out and be Mr. Negativity. This thing is cheesy as hell. I hope Four Roses is not going to be making a habit of this. Unless it's going to be a Lil' Sebastian decanter. That would be pretty cool.

I'd be interested in a regular bottle. Wonder if they are selling these in the Kentucky Derby Museum gift shop again this year.

It will definitely be sold in the Churchill Downs gift shop (according to Al Young of Four Roses).

It will definitely be sold in the Churchill Downs gift shop (according to Al Young of Four Roses).

Thanks! I may have missed this, but is the regular bottle going for a reasonable price? Not interested in the decanter. The Kentucky Derby Museum private bottling last year went for $59.99, which isn't too bad for the barrel proof single barrel bottles.

Is this one barrel proof? I thought someone stated it was just regular ole OBSV, but maybe the we're only referring to the recipe.

I guess they just figured they may as well cash in on the commemorative race bottles too, I suppose. Hate it, but still love Four Roses.

ETA: hopefully it's a one time thing, and at least the money is going to a good cause.

Very true. I got three bottles last year that they did in conjunction with the Derby for the Kentucky Derby Museum. It was OESV, barrel proof, and under $60. It is really good whiskey, so I was hoping the secretariat bottling might be a similar deal. I'll only pick one up if I'm doing especially well at the track.

Is this one barrel proof? I thought someone stated it was just regular ole OBSV, but maybe the we're only referring to the recipe.
The email I received about its release was a date of the 27th of April and OBSV@100prf,so FRSB in a fancy bottle but the proceeds are for a good cause.

I'd be interested in a regular bottle. Wonder if they are selling these in the Kentucky Derby Museum gift shop again this year.

Yes, they will be sold at the Kentucky Derby Museum gift shop. I found that tidbit here. http://www.fourrosesbourbon.com/2013/03/18/commemorative-40th-anniversary-secretariat-bottle-to-be-released/

It also states that bottles can be purchased at select retail shops on the Triple Crown trail in Kentucky, Maryland and New York. Can someone clue me in on these locations? I tried googling the Triple Crown trail locations and didnt have any luck. Thanks.

I am attempting to get some at the Churchill Downs event on Monday with Penny Chenery...without paying $50 to get in the door. I'm hoping to work some connections to just get a bottle. No decanter for me...I don't have that kind of dough right now.

I am attempting to get some at the Churchill Downs event on Monday with Penny Chenery...without paying $50 to get in the door. I'm hoping to work some connections to just get a bottle. No decanter for me...I don't have that kind of dough right now.

I believe they just selected the barrel late this week. If that is the case, I wouldn't expect it to be available for a week or two at the earliest.

My reading of their press release leads me to believe you can buy it this week. However, that may mean "buy now, pick up later." We'll see.

My reading of their press release leads me to believe you can buy it this week. However, that may mean "buy now, pick up later." We'll see.

I was told to expect them in the middle of the month.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.