Four Roses Secretariat Decanter and Ltd Ed Bottling

BradleyC
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 3 weeks later...

O.K., I got a good deal and bought two. So I couldn't leave it on the shelf unopened. I terrible at tasting notes, but I get caramel and toffee and it's very sweet. The finish is very smooth and sweet. IMHO, it's quite good. If it were $40, I'd fill the bunker with it.

You can usually find it for $30. :P

TPS was selling it for $97, but you can find it for $30??

No, I was being flip. Meant it's just the standard OBSV in a gussied up bottle.

No, I was being flip. Meant it's just the standard OBSV in a gussied up bottle.

Ok, gotcha. I know the monies went to a good cause, but it was too overpriced for what it was.

It is a limited edition bottle. Not a limited edition bourbon. Outside of being personally selected by a non bourbon enthusiast, it is the same recipe as standard Single barrel. Chances are that 95% of these bottles will never be consumed. They will sit on a shelf as a decoration.

I have a brighter vision - 70% will be consumed and replaced with tea or rotgut for the umbrage of future fools.

I have a brighter vision - 70% will be consumed and replaced with tea or rotgut for the umbrage of future fools.

I guess it would be easier than opening the makers souvenir/fundraising bottles with wax seals.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.