What bourbon do you take with you?

TheNovaMan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I like the idea that a few of you have had of bringing three or so bourbons. I'll obviously bring my daily pour, something a little more upscale like EW BIB, and maybe OGD BIB in case I have the taste for a bit more rye flavor.

The last time I traveled to a friend's house, I brought EWBIB. I would probably bring another BIB bourbon next time as well. Good for sipping or for mixing, as most of my friends are inclined to do.

If I'm visiting a friend who hasn't been annointed with proper Bourbon choices, I'll bring a selection of mellow (Basil H), robust (Noah's M or the new Elijah Craig Barrel Proof), and a wheater like Old Fitz. If it's just for me; Noah's Mill, probably.... It's hard to find in Michigan.

I tend to not bring anything with me, thus forcing me to go to the local liquor stores and browse their selections in hopes of finding something nice while I'm on vacation / a trip. Worse case scenario, I have to buy another Weller 12, ETL, or 4RSB if I don't find something different. Either way, the wife is down for it because we didn't bring any bourbon with us.

Petrel, I like your strategy. If I ever get married, I'll have to remember that. :)

OOOOOOH, Petrel, I like your clever use of forethought. :lol: I'll have to remember that one. Even if I do bring something, I'll be sure not to let that cat outta the bag prematurely!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.