Stout Recommendations?

Bryan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Best ones I've had are Dieu de Ciel Peche Mortel, Southern Tier Oat, Southern Tier Choklat, Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti and (as a Guiness replacement/improvement) Moylan's Dry Irish Stout. Oskar Blues Ten FIDY and Victory Storm King are also good.

I highly reccommend (no doubt spelled wrong) Rochester Mills Milkshake Stout.
Like Smoky said, I second that emotion. Fantastic!

There's a lot of great recommendations here, but I didn't see one I just fell in love with. Out of Bounds stout by Avery instantly became one of my all time faves.
I agree. A quality stout, to be sure. I'm still a month away from stout and porter territory but look forward to the cool months and plenty of Out Of Bounds, among others.

I also forgot to mention Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout which is a personal favorite, particularly with a nice snifter of Scotch along side it.

The stout from Jamaica, I believe was Dragon Stout.

Thanx PaulO! :cool: I'm pretty sure that was it. I used to buy sixers of that and drink 'em one at a time followed by whatever else was at hand. More than one was just too sweet, but one was a nice variation from most anything else around at that time.

Does anyone know if it's still around? I haven't seen it in Michigan in a very long time.

• 6 months later...

I recommend Guinness Foreign Extra Stout. ;)

I second this. I'm told aging this bottle at least a year mellows out the coffee notes and enhances the chocolate notes. It's going to be a long year.

I like Clown Shows Chocolate Sombrero...has a really nice chile spice. Also like Prairie Bomb! if you can find a bottle.

I recommend Guinness Foreign Extra Stout. ;)
I've got one bomber left of Guinness FES in the basement that I think I'll bust out tonight, along with a nice glass of whiskey (or maybe even a dark rum). Gotta cull the stout and porter herd now that the weather is warming up. I had a beautiful bottle of Paulaner Salvator doppelbock last night out on the deck and pretended it was warmer than it really was. Fabulous beer that warms your belly and your soul!

I'll throw Left Hands Nitro Milk Stout out there. Love the creaminess on this one.

I'll throw another vote this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My recommendations would be Founders Imperial Stout, Dieu du Ciel Peche Mortel or Souther Tier Choklat.

Another Clown Shoes Chocolate Sombrero vote. Also enjoy the barrel aged version clown shoes luchador en fuego. Enjoyed the Southern Tier Chokolat as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.