What rye did you purchase today - Spring/Summer 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A few he says! I posted a pic of your few in the what did you buy thread!

Thanks again for posting that pic. Just couldn't pass those up when they were offered, never know when I will see them again.

Thanks again for posting that pic. Just couldn't pass those up when they were offered, never know when I will see them again.

Impressed and crushed all at the same time. Did you stumble across it, or knew where to look?

I was just talking to a store manager about old rye and rye in general and she asked me if I liked the WT101 rye. I said sure, but I can't find it anywhere, then she tells me about a case "in the back" that she would sell me if I wanted it. I couldn't turn that down!

Rittenhouse BIB DSP1 has made it to Atlanta it would appear. Had been looking at bottles just out of curiosity for the past couple of weeks and today I found one. Picked one up for a comparison at some point.

2 bottles of Michters 10yr Rye... I still can not identify the source of this juice but it is a good pour.

Rittenhouse BIB DSP1 has made it to Atlanta it would appear. Had been looking at bottles just out of curiosity for the past couple of weeks and today I found one. Picked one up for a comparison at some point.

Bruce, haven't seen a DSP 1 yet. When you get a chance post some notes comparing the 2. Very interested in tasting notes/comparisons between the 2 from the resident "spirits Doctor".:grin:

Got a bottle of WP111 to try out. I'm a huge fan of the Pig rye and had to do some searching to find the 11 year.

Picked up 3 more bottles of AE rye today thanks to the kindness of a fellow SBer! Should be set for the rest of July. Beyond that I am not sure...

Not a purchase but procured a bottle of HW21 today. I already have one open so bunkering this baby! :D

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Got a bottle of WP111 to try out. I'm a huge fan of the Pig rye and had to do some searching to find the 11 year.

Love my WP but the $1oo for the WP111 has scared me off. How did it compare?

Picked up my second Ritt BIB this week (actually - second over the past 20+ years :lol:) Now have a DSP-1 and a DSP-354!

I added another 2 Ritt 354s to the bunker after hearing some questionable things about the new DSP-1. Only a mild case of whiskeria nervosa. However, W.N. often behaves like an itch: the more you scratch it the worse it gets. I'm going to have to stop by the store tomorrow for another bottle or three...

Ritt100 354 x 6

Finally talked the only store I knew had any into giving me a slight discount on multiples. He said they don't mark it up enough to give me 10% off so he took 5% off. I passed it up all the time when it was cheap and readily available, now it's neither and I'm stocking up... I don't like this strategy.

Please let us know how it turns out. Love the WP but unsure about the $111 price tag. Also I saw where there will be a 12 year WP at some point in the near future.

On a trip to Northern WI we took the opportunity to broaden our rye exposure. Found a dusty in the process!

Fleischman's Rye

Jefferson's 10 yr Rye

Ritt 80 (DSP-31)

I also added ritt bib dsp 1. Got over a case of 354 and that will probably be easy to get over the next year if I hate the dsp1

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!