Info & Rumor From KY

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good morning, in-room coffee here in L'Ville,...yesterday I got to meet Fred at Buffalo Trace for the first time face-to-face,...I saw the new gift shop at Four Roses and picked up a couple of barrel proof Jim Rutledge selections,...INFO: the new bottling line is ahead of schedule at Wild Turkey, they have been doing test runs by bottling water, Jimmy Russell was at the gift shop, got to talk to him for a bit,...RUMOR: the tour guide at Barton 1792 told me not to use his name but rumor has it there might be a barrel proof release for 1792 this fall,... here a few pics from some where between Woodford Reserve and Wild Turkey rsz_ky_trip_010_zpsa47112fa.jpg rsz_ky_trip_009_zps0a585e55.jpg rsz_ky_trip_006_zps7796889d.jpg

Great time, great pics, and great rumor!

Also, what selections did the 4R gift shop have?

..RUMOR: the tour guide at Barton 1792 told me not to use his name but rumor has it there might be a barrel proof release for 1792 this fall,...

Uh huh. When Larceny had just come out, they were pouring it at Binny's and the rep swore up and down that it was barrel proof. I told him it was not, and it took a fair bit of work to get him to acknowledge that he must have no idea what he was talking about. Perhaps, working at the distillery, the tour guide is a little more knowledgeable, but I've found that 'barrel proof' as a term is not necessarily widely understood outside of enthusiast circles.

Then again, with the recent releases of RRSmB1B and ECBP, perhaps the term is gaining more press. I'd be very interested in a barrel proof Barton product, but it sounds like a long shot to me.

I'd be very interested in a barrel proof Barton product, but it sounds like a long shot to me.

I'm with ya' on both points. A barrel proof of any Barton would be probably lovely (just try any of the BIB's). I doubt you'll see it, though.... we CAN, however think about it, and HOPE for it! :rolleyes:

Barrel proof samples of the 1792 mashbill have circulated through the gazebo on occasion. I wholeheartedly agree that an official release would be a good thing.

Ken Pierce of Ridgemont Reserve will be visiting the porch this Monday afternoon. "Ken will have single barrel samples of 1792 which just won a double gold medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition in May". I don't know if this is what the tour guide was referring to. I'll post once we get together with him.

Their Press Release notes only that a double gold was won by 1792 Ridgemont Reserve Bourbon Whiskey. I'm under the impression that is small batch. We'll see.

I'm not a big fan of 1792, but that's mostly because VOB BIB blows it away and for less $$. That said, 1792 would really sing at barrel proof and I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a bottle. Barrel-proof Barton? Yes, please!

what selections did the 4R gift shop have?

They had freshly signed bottles by Mr Rutledge of OESV and OESK, quite a lot of them, they must have just got 'em in.

You Tallahassee guys keep an interesting social calendar.

You are so right, Squire ... my grandpa up there in Boyle, MS taught me dominoes. Figured that would be my late life fate ... got lucky!

They had freshly signed bottles by Mr Rutledge of OESV and OESK, quite a lot of them, they must have just got 'em in.

Any guess at age?

Any guess at age?

The staff in the gift shop is extremely helpful, you can always give them a call and ask. That aside, I was out there a couple weeks ago and all of the offerings were 12 year.

The staff in the gift shop is extremely helpful, you can always give them a call and ask. That aside, I was out there a couple weeks ago and all of the offerings were 12 year.

Ditto that, was there last week, and had some 12 years. brought 3 OBSK's home. None signed at the time.

And the gift shop is very nice.

B

Oh, i've made many a run there in the past few years. Just figured i'd ask in case Oscar knew.

Any guess at age?

The bottles are bunkered in the trunk of my car in the hotel parking shed, I'll check them tomorrow and see if they have age statements on them.

Looks and sounds like you are having a fine time down in Kentucky,Oscar.Lets all hope Barton follows suit in the BP game with the pricing leaning towards the EC side of the spectum and availability leaning towards that of the RR.I've already got my hopes up so I'm sure I'll just get shot down later,but here's to hoping.:toast:

The bottles are bunkered in the trunk of my car in the hotel parking shed, I'll check them tomorrow and see if they have age statements on them.

If you are like me, you will have a restless night knowing that your bottles are in your trunk. Sorry!

Any guess at age?
OK, the two bottles are as follows, OESV, 11 years 10 months @ 114 proof, OESK, 11 years 11 months @ 119.4 proof.

OK, the two bottles are as follows, OESV, 11 years 10 months @ 114 proof, OESK, 11 years 11 months @ 119.4 proof.

Thanks good sir. Hope you enjoy the trip in KY.

A 1792 line extension isn't far-fetched and since everyone else is doing it, barrel-proof seems like the way to go.

If you're worried about Barton closing, drink more 1792.

Nice work, Agent O.

I'd definitely welcome a barrel proof 1792. After revisiting mine, it is earning more respect in the Vader household :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.