Info & Rumor From KY

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Barrel proof samples of the 1792 mashbill have circulated through the gazebo on occasion. I wholeheartedly agree that an official release would be a good thing.

Those 1792 barrel proof samples were indeed fabulous. An official release would be a no-brainer "must buy" for me.

If it is just a rumor than maybe this thread will inflence Sazerac/Buffalo Trace/Barton to do this release because of the positive responses here.

Could happen.

Maybe we need to ask about a private barrel selection, but only if they can do cask strength? Just a nudge that there might be a market (as I expect they'd decline if they don't have labels pre-approved)? Not that I wouldn't be way interested in that!

Maybe we need to ask about a private barrel selection, but only if they can do cask strength?

Yay for the 1792 BP if true but I'd be more interested in a BP Barton Rye ;-)

Man would I love to see a Barton rye readily available on the market - regardless of age / BP. I think the Fleischmann's rye is a great product (for what it is) and I'd buy more of it if I could; it'd be a nice easy summertime drinker. I really enjoyed the High West 21 year Barton rye, too. An older and/or higher proof Barton rye would certainly be a welcome addition, but can we get the product they're already making first?

On another note, I'd love to see a VoB BP as well. I attempted to arrange a single barrel bottling of VOB BiB, but they won't do a single barrel because of the added expense. I've never been as keen about the 1792 although my wife likes it quite a bit and has recently claimed my bottle of it as her own.

Good morning, in-room coffee here in L'Ville,...yesterday I got to meet Fred at Buffalo Trace for the first time face-to-face,...I saw the new gift shop at Four Roses and picked up a couple of barrel proof Jim Rutledge selections,...INFO: the new bottling line is ahead of schedule at Wild Turkey, they have been doing test runs by bottling water, Jimmy Russell was at the gift shop, got to talk to him for a bit,...RUMOR: the tour guide at Barton 1792 told me not to use his name but rumor has it there might be a barrel proof release for 1792 this fall,... here a few pics from some where between Woodford Reserve and Wild Turkey

rsz_ky_trip_010_zpsa47112fa.jpg rsz_ky_trip_009_zps0a585e55.jpg rsz_ky_trip_006_zps7796889d.jpg

We must have been crossing paths. I took my recently turned 21 son and my step son to 4R And Turkey on Thursday, then the 1:30 hard hat at BT on Friday. I picked up a signed bottle of the OESK at 4R, tried it in the hotel room, but my palate wasn't firing on all cylinders as we had been to West 6th and Country Boy Brewing as well. I also talked to Fred, face to face for the first time while at BT Friday. We d stopped by Woodford, but did not tour. mainly because we drove by it on the way to seeing Old Taylor. Old Taylor is a strange place, kind of eerie and sad to see. A bit of symbolism while we were there taking some pictures, a large buzzard was on the top point of the castle, just sort of sitting there looking over everything. As you drive past OT, and Old Crow?, I can't believe all of the old brick rickhouses that are buried in the trees right along the road. Such a shame that it has been left to ruins.

I thought I had read that the Old Taylor ones were emptied, mid-90's maybe? Not sure about the Old Crow rickhouses? It was a warm sunny day and smelled of whiskey! Are they still bringing new make whiskey there to age?

Rickhouses at Old Taylor were not in an optimal location in that humid valley so they were not in high demand. Air movement is important in aging which is one reason that you see rickhouses on hills and high points on properties when they can.

The OT rickhouses were being dismantled when I was there last with the lumber destined to be recycled as flooring.

I believe the Old Crow ones are the ones still in use. I saw barrels in the windows last time I drove past.

Hidden
We must have been crossing paths.QUOTE]
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a cool coincedance, we did almost the same things.

We must have been crossing paths.

More than just crossing paths, we were doing the exact same things.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.