Foreign Whiskey Dusty Hunting/Drinking 2013

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here's a dusty that's pretty special to me. It was my wife's Grandpa's (and the hutch behind it too). He was an old school scotch guy and while I was dating her he and I would sit in the den at her parent's house watching the Angels game on TV and drinking scotch during family events. He always drank Chivas Regal. It got me interested in trying other scotches, and eventually bourbon. He passed away about a year and a half ago, 6 months before I married his grand daughter. We were really sad he didn't make it to the wedding as we had kept it local specifically for him and he was very important to us. He left a wedding toast with my mother in law which she read and we toasted with Chivas Regal at the wedding dinner. Anyway, last weekend my Mother in law gave this to me because she knew I'd appreciate it. Not sure how it lasted all this time, he drank a lot of scotch. I think this one was set aside for special occasions. It's a half gallon, but I can't find a year.

post-8576-14489819728978_thumb.jpg

Edited by compliance

Very touching story Max and I hope every time you have a pour of the Chivas you can reminisce of all the past times shared.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.