Four Roses 2013 Small Batch LE

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

No big news here. Yet. I know the mash bill has come out for this already.

But I did hear from a local industry source that the bottle for the SmB LE this year will have a brand new appearance. More like the BTAC wine bottle shape. Apparently as part of the Four Roses 125th Anniversary.

Was my "source" blowing smoke or has anyone else heard this?

I did find this picture on this blog and it would appear it is rounded like previous bottles from what little I can see of the edges.

Edited by tanstaafl2

Hope not I love the SmB bottle! Not like it really matters or anything in the end.

Blowing smoke. This is clearly the same label as all past Small Batch LE bottles.

I think the source is suggesting a change in the bottle shape, not necessarily the label.

I get that, but that label is designed to go on a wide, tulip shaped bottle. Would not work on a BTAC bottle.

Who knows...But, I see no reason that the label design couldn't work on a wine type bottle.

I agree, I really like the current bottle they use but in the end would drink it out of an old milk jug if that is what they decide to use. This years should be very good.

Best regards, Tony

Even more age than last years and there should be really nice of the interplay of the V and K sweet,floral vs. bold and spicy.I honestly could care less of the bottles shape,but the way the back label is printed it may be and update in the appearance only and not a full on change in shape as I see it.

As long as they're not borrowing the Bourbon Supreme bottle shape . . . what's on the inside is what I'm most interested in.

I have a certain fondness for the Bourbon Supreme bottle, reminds me of college.

I have a certain fondness for the Bourbon Supreme bottle, reminds me of college.

How'd you get bourbon in college? Wasn't that during Prohibition? ;)

I can't speak for squire's college experience but the drinking age back then wasn't 21...

*edit: actually it might have been 21, interesting to read into these matters, thanks for the prompt guys.

Edited by Wryguy

How'd you get bourbon in college? Wasn't that during Prohibition? ;)

Hahahaha. Friendly dogging of the squire...SB.com is good

Nothing but love for the elder god of SB. He's put away more good juice that I could ever hope to see.

I can't speak for squire's college experience but the drinking age back then wasn't 21...

*edit: actually it might have been 21, interesting to read into these matters, thanks for the prompt guys.

Depends on where you were when you were 18. In OH during the early '60s, you could drink beer legally at no more than 3.2% ABV but had to wait until 21 for real beer and liquor. If my high school experience is anywhere near representative, there was a lot less alcohol consumption than you are likely to find among eigth graders today. The Squire might tell you that for every perceived problem there is a law. Once we pass the law, the problem goes away. No more pot. No more booze. No more guns. All we need is a law to fix what ails us.

Having grown up in the great state of Louisiana, one could purchase alchohol @ 18 yrs of age even into 1996.

Laws vs Reality, in the 1960s the entire State of Mississippi was still dry which meant any 15 year old kid with a driver's license could pull up to the bootlegger's place and buy booze. As a consequence high school kids drank whisky until they were old enough to buy beer.

Edited by squire

• 2 weeks later...

Now the trick is going to be getting some. Was a bit more of a fight getting the SB2013 then it had been in years past due to the new extended allocations.

Laws vs Reality, in the 1960s the entire State of Mississippi was still dry which meant any 15 year old kid with a driver's license could pull up to the bootlegger's place and buy booze. As a consequence high school kids drank whisky until they were old enough to buy beer.

Hidden

Since ECBP just showed up around here recently I'm hoping this will be next to pop up on shelves. Anyone in TX spot this yet?

• 4 weeks later...

From press release:

"Approximately 8,000 bottles of the Four Roses 2013 Limited Edition 125th Anniversary Small Batch Bourbon are planned for distribution in September to U.S. markets."

Double last year's release!

From press release:

"Approximately 8,000 bottles of the Four Roses 2013 Limited Edition 125th Anniversary Small Batch Bourbon are planned for distribution in September to U.S. markets."

Double last year's release!

That's good news!

I look forward to increased distribution numbers as I only bought a few out of the chute and quickly had to scramble to pick up a few more once I had cracked that first bottle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.