Favorite Single Malt under $70

weller_tex
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Laphroaig 18 for $55? wow, that is what Laphroaig 10 normally goes for here. I typically see the 18 for between $85-$100 up here. Given how silly pricing has become for 18 year olds, I'd bunker it at that price. It won't stay there long. Even the Oggie is unusually inexpensive. That normally runs in the $70+ range up here. On a side note, I had a conversation with a distributor and he couldn't believe the prices for Talisker 18 either - he said it is piling up in the warehouses at the current $125+ price point. My hope is the market will correct itself. I know the only Talisker 18 I can afford are the under-priced dusties.

From your keyboard to the whisky gods ears! Would love to see Talisker 18 come back down to earth a bit but not going to count on it anytime soon.

Looked at 3 different stores today and the Laph 18 and Oogie here were both at or above $100. A bit depressing.

post-8493-14489819587101_thumb.jpeg

post-8493-14489819586872_thumb.jpeg

From your keyboard to the whisky gods ears! Would love to see Talisker 18 come back down to earth a bit but not going to count on it anytime soon.

Looked at 3 different stores today and the Laph 18 and Oogie here were both at or above $100. A bit depressing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16270[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16271[/ATTACH]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.