Pappy in PA

burghguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was on the site early, hitting refresh on my system and reloading the app on my iPhone and I guarantee that I tried to have a bottle of 23 and 20 in my cart and checked out within 1-2 minutes of it hitting that site and I was still not able to purchase the 23. After repeatedly trying to purchase the 23 (I had gone ahead and purchased the 20, 10, and 12 after it refused to sell me the 23 so I wouldn't miss out) I th"ought it was going to work, but it ended up simply crashing while trying to proceed to "step 2" on the site. While I am still happy that I was apple to secure the 3 bottles I did, I am still a bit pissed that their site screw up kept me from getting a bottle of 23. Now if I could only find a bottle of 15.....

I was on the site early, hitting refresh on my system and reloading the app on my iPhone and I guarantee that I tried to have a bottle of 23 and 20 in my cart and checked out within 1-2 minutes of it hitting that site and I was still not able to purchase the 23. After repeatedly trying to purchase the 23 (I had gone ahead and purchased the 20, 10, and 12 after it refused to sell me the 23 so I wouldn't miss out) I th"ought it was going to work, but it ended up simply crashing while trying to proceed to "step 2" on the site. While I am still happy that I was apple to secure the 3 bottles I did, I am still a bit pissed that their site screw up kept me from getting a bottle of 23. Now if I could only find a bottle of 15.....

Well PA's system certainly wasn't kind to me this year. Got news that my shipment was damaged in transit. No one knows which bottles were broken until whatever is left gets returned to Harrisburg. Then if what was broken can be replaced great, if not I'm SOL. Great news for my Monday morning :banghead:

PA's system did me well I have to say. I got everything they had including the 23 and rye. While it was a tense race to the finish line (check out), it was certainly an opportunity I appreciated given that any other place is near impossible to get even one bottle.

Well PA's system certainly wasn't kind to me this year. Got news that my shipment was damaged in transit. No one knows which bottles were broken until whatever is left gets returned to Harrisburg. Then if what was broken can be replaced great, if not I'm SOL. Great news for my Monday morning :banghead:

Got lucky, the state was able to replace the broken bottles! :woohoo:

I had a 20 break and they also replaced it!!

This is amazing... I can't believe the incompetence. I had a ORVW10 & LotB delivered to my local store and haven't gotten a call - will venture up tomorrow to see whats up. I was hoping to pick up a 20 after release as they cancelled multiple orders (I missed it as I was tied up with work meetings!), but looking more and more doubtful that will happen.

Edited by devillighter

Pappy this, Pappy that, I remember when Julian was trying to sell this stuff for $1200 a barrel and didn't have any takers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.