Cutty Sark Composition

jonnyd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

And . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I like all the '.' so that you pass the min character filter. And it's good, I really like it. I get some of the same taste I get with Grants, but that could just be the grain talking. However, it has more body and a bigger mouthfeel to it, I assume due to the higher proof. There are the classic notes of fruit and vanilla I associate with speyside whisky. I'm sorry I'm not more articulate or descriptive, I just find it a very satisfying dram. I'll have a little more tonight and then sample again tomorrow to be sure.

Sounds good, well said. The regular one of 30 years ago and I must get a current one, had that vanilla and light fruit accent as well. A winy Scotch whisky - white wine not red - and it sounds like this character has been maintained.

Okay next up for you guys has to be Compass Box's newbie which combines a couple of casks of whisky > 30 years old (if I read the ad copy right). Savvy?

Gary

And John Glaser is truly a master blender, a former Diageo man who went independent, and how.

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.