VOB BiB dropped age statement

Beer&Bourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Okay, yeah that toffee like characteristic was what I was picking up on the nose that I never usually relate to a 6 year bourbon with rye in the mash bill.

• 3 weeks later...

The bottle I opened is about 1/3 empty. I actually like it. A lot. It's probably very early in the transition between ages, but I gotta tell you that there's a caramel-toffee sweetness in it that reminds me a LOT of Rock Hill Farms of 15-20 years ago. But of course at about one-fifth the price. (This would still be Constellation juice, though, I'm pretty sure.)

I gotta tell you that there's a caramel-toffee sweetness in it

That's what I love about the BIB. I don't get that as much in the 86 proof version.

While 1792 is not something I drink often it is something I always have open. I did pick up several handles of the 8 year today just in case. Everything I have seen around here is still 8 year. It may be around for awhile because it is not a big seller in this area.

The three WashDC stores I frequent that carry VOBBIB had AS bottles two weeks ago, no VOBBIB of any kind last week, and NAS BIB this week. Price is the same.

i still know where several aged VOBs are. I keep toying with the idea of getting two of them for future reference, but have yet to do it.

Oh I don't think a price reduction is in order Harry, after all it's the maturity that counts.

I did buy one VOBBIB NAS but haven't done a SBS. None of my age stmt bottles is open yet. I like the 86 proof so maybe . . .

i still know where several aged VOBs are. I keep toying with the idea of getting two of them for future reference, but have yet to do it.

Buy em! You'll kick yourself in 2 yrs if you don't. Worse still, some noob will buy them, not knowing. Those bottles deserve a place in your stash.

Like I always say, "Dusties are wasted on the Dawdlers." I have yet to see one, but if ever I do lightning will envy the speed of my arm as it flashes downward for the grab (unless by then I have resolved not to reward bad behavior, a la Squire).

Buy em! You'll kick yourself in 2 yrs if you don't. Worse still, some noob will buy them, not knowing. Those bottles deserve a place in your stash.

Could well be the case here as well. One of the few local stores that carried Barton told me I was the only guy that seemed interested in the brand.

I just seen some of the 86 proof,not the BIB version, 2 rows, 1 row of the liters that still had the aged 6 yrs. and right next to it the handles with just the 6 on it.Passed on both, already have 2 of the handles with the aged 6 yr statement bunkered.So do you think that the plain 6 is already younger?

A store near me has about 10 bottles on the shelf, and I have been resisting the urge to clean them out for a couple weeks. I keep hoping someone who actually enjoys it will grab them, but I think I might be the only person who has bought any since the store opened.

Oh, I've picked up about 5-6 bottles in the last few weeks. I don't think I'm shopping as far west as you though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.