What else do you use bourbon for?

BourbonGuy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have found that Apple juice, bourbon, some butter and a bit of soy sauce makes a great ribs taste great. I have experimented with the flavored bourbons too. The Honey bourbons give the ribs a nice bark.

The wife does bourbon balls for the holidays, and sometimes in marinades for meats. EWB is our cooking bourbon.

I use Bourbon when I'm happy, I use it when sad, I use it in moments of calm, and when I'm feeling mad.

Oh, you mean recipes!:grin:

I've used it in place of cognac to flame browned chuck when making beef bourguignon - stand back though and don't pour from the bottle!

holiday bourbon balls, and mixing in BBQ sauce along with some honey, brown sugar, and dried powdered habaneros from the summer garden. That makes one kick ass BBQ sauce, but you tend to relive it on the other end the next day.

just wet the TP first, you be ah-ite...

Bourbon, orange juice, brown sugar, and honey make a fantastic basting sauce for cooking a bone n ham!

I like to sit back in a quiet room, pet the dog and let the bourbon swirl around my mouth and enjoy the flavors. If I get a little buzz at the end, all the better.

I don't normally feed my dog bourbon...but I will occasionally dip a finger and let her lick it. She tends to like the higher ryes. I can't recall which one she tasted the other day but she tried to spit it out. Disclosure: alcohol is not good for dogs so I don't let her drink it, only a taste. :cool:

I use it sometimes to make some people more interesting.

best answer so far!....

I don't normally feed my dog bourbon...but I will occasionally dip a finger and let her lick it. She tends to like the higher ryes. I can't recall which one she tasted the other day but she tried to spit it out. Disclosure: alcohol is not good for dogs so I don't let her drink it, only a taste. :cool:

On the odd occasion where I may spill some bourbon, my dog needs to be physically restrained from licking up the mess, she doesnt seem to be as interested in the other alchol related spills we have, but then again she will also spend a good portion of the evening licking herself.

Bourbon balls, bourbon maple syrup, bourbon-soaked raisins for cookies/breads (or just munching), marinades, and of course - drinking!

Bourbon balls, bourbon maple syrup, bourbon-soaked raisins for cookies/breads (or just munching), marinades, and of course - drinking!

Bourbon balls? Care to share the recipe?

I can attest that Gary (darylld) makes excellent, flavorful, even sublime 'bourbon balls'. If interested, I'm sure he'll share the secrets.

I rarely use Bourbon for anything other the the occasional cooking/marinating project.... And, of course for drinking!... Which I may do a good bit of later today, if we get as much snow as the weather geeks are predicting. Not much else to do.

I can attest that Gary (darylld) makes excellent, flavorful, even sublime 'bourbon balls'. If interested, I'm sure he'll share the secrets.

I rarely use Bourbon for anything other the the occasional cooking/marinating project.... And, of course for drinking!... Which I may do a good bit of later today, if we get as much snow as the weather geeks are predicting. Not much else to do.

Maybe this doesn't count for what *I* use bourbon for, but I had a phenomenal bourbon ice cream a while back. Pair it with a good chocolate brownie and there's nothing better.

yeah, there is a local ice cream shop here in louisville that makes homemade Old Forester ice cream. Two scoops of that on a waffle cone is awesome!

Will the mods let you say that on here?

Relax folks. I know Kevin. I'm sure he had no clue at all as to what he was saying.

I think he is still suffering a little from PTGS (Post Traumatic Gazebo Syndrome) from the Sampler last year. :slappin:

Used it to create a bourbon honey glaze for the pork chops I grilled for lunch today, excellent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.