What else do you use bourbon for?

BourbonGuy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Relax folks. I know Kevin. I'm sure he had no clue at all as to what he was saying.

I think he is still suffering a little from PTGS (Post Traumatic Gazebo Syndrome) from the Sampler last year. :slappin:

Used it to create a bourbon honey glaze for the pork chops I grilled for lunch today, excellent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I use the same glaze in salmon. Yum. Will have to try that on pork chops next time.

One thing I have had success with is making Bourbon Glazed bacon. Fry bacon as usual, sprinkle a decent amount of brown sugar over the finished bacon, add some bourbon to the pan and slightly heat. Light the bourbon on fire and allow it to caramelize the brown sugar. It's definitely different than normal bacon, almost desserty. I like it though

I like squire's idea of using bourbon for aftershave, except that the kind of woman it would draw might be even more expensive than the usual variety!

Bourbon balls? Care to share the recipe?

Not my recipe - but this is what I use:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/kentucky-bourbon-balls/

I don't measure the bourbon though - I fill an 8 oz mason jar with chopped nuts and fill it with OGD 114, letting them steep for as long as I can (at least a few days, I typically recharge my jar as soon as I make a batch - so closer to a year). I always have extra powdered sugar on hand as well to get the consistency. I also like to use dark chocolate, along with some peanut butter chips for the shell. Great stuff, but time consuming!

Makes my voices sing in harmony.

Voices?!?! How many of you are there?!?!?! :D

I believe he got the recipe from Pete Schweddy.:skep:

Hahaha... nice. Can't go wrong with an Alec Baldwin reference. :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Oh sure, deys lots a uses for bourbon, ya got bourbon glaze, bourbon ham, bourbon balls, shrimp and bourbon, bourbon-battered shrimp, fried bourbon, bourbon kebabs, bourbon creole, bourbon gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried bourbon. There's pineapple bourbon and lemon bourbon, coconut bourbon, pepper bourbon, bourbon soup, bourbon stew, bourbon salad, bourbon and potatoes, bourbon burger, bourbon sandwich, creamed bourbon and bourbon cream... That's- that's about it.

It's a good base for a basting sauce for charcoal-grilled porkloin. Which reminds me about how to use bourbon and stuff -

Fall of 1971, I was at a party chatting with "some guy" about how good JD was which was the free whiskey at the party. He asked me if I'd tried BF's new white whiskey, Frost 8/80. I replied, "Yup, it's even great in apple sauce." Several weeks later I got a package making me a Tennessee Squire. Turns out the guy was an East Coast rep for BF.

My cheesy brother drank the rest of my case of F880 while I was in Europe.

Dear Mr. Squire,

Upon 40+ years' reflection, I guess it's mental association. Couldn't handle the stuff neat, BUT, like Veleeta, we couldn't find anything it wouldn't MIX with. And, my brother is still cheesy.

I take the bottles I don't care as much for (usually out-sourced MGI stuff disguised as micros received as gifts) to make bourbon pecan pie.

I like to add bourbon to my homemade buffalo wing sauce... which I'm whipping up now for the Pats game.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Inject it into beef briskets

Mix it into hamburger patties

Add it baked beans

Add it to BBQ sauce

Add it to glazes

in Bourbon Cream Pie, Eggnog Pie, Pecan Pie

Make candied Bourbon Pecans

and of course..........GTS (or now playing with Stagg Jr) in Bananas Foster

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.