BOTM 1/14: Colonel E H Taylor Small Batch

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In my place, both Small Batch and Single Barrel EH Taylor are selling for same price. I've never tried either. If you had to pick just one, which one and why?

Really? Either the small batch is over priced our that's a good deal on the single barrel!

I am getting really close to the bottom of the bottle, and I have really come to appreciate the quality of this bourbon.  My only regret is I did not buy two of them, and the ones we got in the store and long-gone.

• 1 month later...

Bought a bottle of CEHT SmB for the first time about 3 months ago. I liked it so much that I went back a week later and bought two more bottles to make sure I wouldn't run out if there were any shortages. This is good stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Bought a bottle of CEHT SmB for the first time about 3 months ago. I liked it so much that I went back a week later and bought two more bottles to make sure I wouldn't run out if there were any shortages. This is good stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hhhhmm.  Wife found my bunkered CEHT SmB behind the dining room door today.  Guess I better open it so it can stay in the dining room.  Rule is: only open bottles can stay "out".

Edited by Harry in WashDC

Hhhhmm.  Wife found my bunkered CEHT SmB behind the dining room door today.  Guess I better open it so it can stay in the dining room.  Rule is: only open bottles can stay "out".

[emoji23] That's better than my wife's rules. The only bottles allowed in view are the taller bottles that won't fit inside the bar cabinet, and then that's limited to around a dozen without her giving me grief. Of course that does mean that any open bottle of CEHT gets to sit out. [emoji106] My unopened tall bottles and bunkered bottles are in "my" spare closet.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:36 AM, mosugoji64 said:

I bought a bottle of JDSB Barrel Proof recently because I wanted to try it, but also because a friend, who is a JD fan, was coming over and I wanted him to be able to try it. I poured us each a glass and we had a few sips over the course of conversation, then he leaned over and asked sheepishly, "Could I get some ice for this? It's how I usually drink it." I told him he should have asked for it up front and to ALWAYS drink it how you like it! I commend people for stepping outside their comfort zones but never condemn them for drinking whiskey the way they like it!

I tried JDSB Barrel Proof at a random restaurant on a bartenders suggestion and surprisingly loved it! I know it is not technically bourbon but it was good to me.

On another note, takes on EH Taylor Small batch vs Single Barrel? Is it worth the extra $25 ish dollars?

Edited by jd1585

On 10/12/2016 at 11:44 PM, lcpfratn said:

emoji23.png That's better than my wife's rules. The only bottles allowed in view are the taller bottles that won't fit inside the bar cabinet, and then that's limited to around a dozen without her giving me grief. Of course that does mean that any open bottle of CEHT gets to sit out. emoji106.png My unopened tall bottles and bunkered bottles are in "my" spare closet.

:D but... You still have a wife... I have an Ex-Wife... 

IMG_1138.JPG

Edited by JTaylor

• 1 month later...

My brother and I drank Taylor Small Batch around the camp fire a few weeks ago and it was great. definitely moved up the list for me. 

16 hours ago, mfly86 said:

My brother and I drank Taylor Small Batch around the camp fire a few weeks ago and it was great. definitely moved up the list for me. 

That's really not a fair and objective evaluation. Everything tastes better around a camp fire. So, you'll just have to get together with your brother at a more neutral site and repeat the experiment. 

• jbutler unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

[emoji3] but... You still have a wife... I have an Ex-Wife... 

IMG_1138.thumb.JPG.edf7e8b9ed615b1775299b77e2f49992.JPG

JTaylor, that is a magnificent bar and bunker. Very cool.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

JTaylor, that is a magnificent bar and bunker. Very cool.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Why thank you sir! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.