Jack Daniels gold medals

pass1over
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello, New to the forum but not bourbon/whisky. We lived adjacent to bourbon county in Kentucky for about 6 years, did multiple distillery tours asking the bourbon trail as well add a visit to Lynchburg, tn. Awesome tour, loved the grounds and the people.

Ended up collecting some of the gold medal series of bottles. I bought the 1914 one while I was there so it has the little, "purchased at distillery tag". All bottles are full, sealed, unregistered hang tags and boxes. But I have no idea what these things are worth anymore, can anyone help me out?

The bottles I have are:

There are Jack Daniels collector pages on Face Book where buying and selling takes place --- that will be a more appropriate place for the question and will provide the answer.

I am not trying to sell them here. If I was, I would if posted them in a classifieds section (if this forum even has that, I didn't look).

All I'm looking for is if anyone could tell me an approximate value of these things.

No. I just want to know what they're worth. They've been packed up in storage for 3 years when we moved back to Florida and tbh, I totally forgot about them. We were cleaning out the spare closet when I found the box with them in it.

I collect a lot of things and have a real hard time letting go of the things that are in my possession. I don't know why this has turned into such a big deal, I thought it was a simple question, guess not.

Not being rude here but if you had taken the time to explore the forum a little before you asked the question you would have noticed that it was unlikely you would get an answer here. There is no classified section but there is a search function.

A few reasons would have been obvious had you used it;

Buying and selling doesn't happen here.

There is little discussion relating to specific value of Bourbon on the secondary market.

How the Bourbon in the bottle tastes is of interest, not so much the bottle.

Very little if any discussion of bottle collecting. Not because it's bad - most of us just aren't interested.

Jack Daniels isn't held in particularly high regard so all the "collectable" iterations of the packaging never come up in discussions, much less their value on the "collector" market.

And all the above points to this fact ....... there is a good chance that no one on this forum has any idea what they are worth.

I'm not concerned what the whisky tastes like, I will never open them and don't care for Jack, I'm a Woodford or pappy fan myself.

Nowhere did I ever say I was trying to sell them, but i appreciate all of you assuming I am trying to sell them on here. Like I stated before, if I was trying to sell them I would if found a for sale section or said they were for sale. Talk about jumping the gun.

I'll take my collection of whisky and bourbons and go elsewhere. I hope your ask aren't this rude to all new members, doesn't bode well for the hobby.

Thank you sailor for explaining our a little bit to me target than losing some jackass comment that doesn't help at all.

I'm not concerned what the whisky tastes like, I will never open them and don't care for Jack, I'm a Woodford or pappy fan myself.

Nowhere did I ever say I was trying to sell them, but i appreciate all of you assuming I am trying to sell them on here. Like I stated before, if I was trying to sell them I would if found a for sale section or said they were for sale. Talk about jumping the gun.

I'll take my collection of whisky and bourbons and go elsewhere. I hope your ask aren't this rude to all new members, doesn't bode well for the hobby.

Thank you sailor for explaining our a little bit to me target than losing some jackass comment that doesn't help at all.

Most new members don't ask for valuation of a bottle before they even say hello.

And if a) you don't intend to drink and B) you don't intend to sell, why in the world do you want to know the value of these bottles?

My apologies for not making an intro thread, but I did make some kind of attempt to introduce myself.

You've never just wanted to know something to satisfy your curiosity?

When I first saw the post my troll alert went off, was about to give the same answer but had to leave for awhile. Glad y'all handled it.

technically whiskey owned by a private individual is worth nothing as there are few legal ways to dispose of it other than pouring it out or drinking it...

technically whiskey owned by a private individual is worth nothing as there are few legal ways to dispose of it other than pouring it out or drinking it...

Except if his house burned down, it would still be covered by insurance and thus have a value. (I assume anyway, I can't say I've read the fine print on my policy.)

My ask is never rude and I have yet to lose a jackass comment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You might wanna have your troll sensor checked out tiger. No troll here, just a guy with a question. Yea, they really "handled" it.

Squire, it's actually worth what someone else would pay for it. If I was trying to sell them, which a lot of you keep glossing over that apparently. I am not selling these, neither here or elsewhere. Get over yourselves.

Turtle, you are correct. It is very hard if not illegal to sell spirits without a license. However, no where did I ever say I was selling them. I was just curious if anyone knew what they might be worth now.

Apparently you are unwilling to accept the answer I gave because it's not the one you want. My answer is still correct though, the whisky is worth what you paid.

As for what some theoretical someone might pay that's not what you asked but is apparently the information you seek. Sorry, wrong site, we don't buy, sell, trade, swap or do evaluations here.

Except if his house burned down, it would still be covered by insurance and thus have a value. (I assume anyway, I can't say I've read the fine print on my policy.)

That is true but most likely at retail unless you have some sort of rider on your policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow squire, was that so hard? Thank you for the straight forward answer that you all don't buy sell trade or swap on this site.

I have taken all the answers that have provided information to me thus far. I am merely continuing this conversation, it is a message board after all where people have discussions, to discredit being called a troll and the continuing misinformation and untruth that I am selling these.

Thank you too the people that have actually answered my question, or have attempted to.

Yes, collectables would need to be appraised and fully documented. All of my firearms had to be done this way to get then on my home owners policy. It was a lengthy process.

I'm gonna step in here as a member/moderator with a few comments. Please pay attention pass1over, any other inquisitive new members, and everyone else too.

Ever since ebay and "other" websites were shut down, or prohibited their sales of alcohol, we've had a large influx of new members. Most are legit, but many have come here, asked a few questions, then vanished. Or, they've asked some questions to get a "feel" for our site, then started posting about what they have, or might have access to, and what they think it might be worth, etc... etc… etc.... In other words, they're trying to be sneaky about it. They play all nice, and post thinly disguised comments that try to hide the fact they're probably only here to buy/sell/ trade. Like we don't have a clue. :rolleyes: Things like this have been occurring here more and more frequently. The members here are only being protective of our site. Who can blame them?

When becoming a member here, a person agrees to the rules of our website as per the user agreement that everyone has to "sign" before joining. There are also any number of helpful hints and guidelines posted to help new members get acquainted with our site. One of these hints is for new members to fill out their profile with as much information as they can. In doing that, we can gain a better understanding of who that new member is, while that new member is getting to know our site and its members. If a person doesn't fill out their profile at all, what are we supposed to think?

Like Sailor 22 posted.

Not being rude here but if you had taken the time to explore the forum a little before you asked the question you would have noticed that it was unlikely you would get an answer here. There is no classified section but there is a search function.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.