Jack Daniels gold medals

pass1over
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I can understand about new influx of members and them being people trying to sell their stuff b/c of ebay and the likes' rules. Once I got in front of a computer, I was able to fill out my members profile. I registered last night, was granted access while I was at work, but internet on my phone has been sketchy all day after that update it installed last night. I am a real person, with a real love of bourbon. I collect things, I don't sell them, my wife hate's it. I guess you could call me a packrat of sorts, haha.

I was introduced to JD by my g/f (now wife) about 12 years ago. I was always, and still am, a beer drinker. My sergeant (we do Civil War Re-enacting) then introduced me to Turkey, and the love was created. So's, all I drink now is beer (brew my own) and bourbon (mostly WoodFord).

That's a hell of a cave. I really like the ceramic jugs and mugs you have on the shelves. The statue of Jack is a very cool center piece. I have a pic of my wife and I standing by the one at the distillery. That was an awesome trip.

That's actually my buddies mancave/bar. I wish it was mine. I just have a large hutch/server that I use as a cabinet for my bottles.

There are a couple of my bottles in that pic on the ledge at the far right. Weller 12 and Weller Special Reserve. My buddy and another guy are big Jack lovers. I alway bring bourbon to share with them, and a couple of other guys when we decide to have a get together.

My apologies for not making an intro thread, but I did make some kind of attempt to introduce myself.

You've never just wanted to know something to satisfy your curiosity?

Your statement here makes it hard for me to understand. You say that your drink Woodford, so you are at least an American Whiskey fan. You also stated that you will never taste these bottles because you don't care for Jack.

I myself do not care for current Jack, BUT YOU HAVE WHISKEYS THAT ARE 100yrs OLD! You have no curiosity to pop the cork?!? No curiosity at all?!?

Sorry, but as a connoisseur of Whiskey, I do not understand your thinking.

Actually these are the Gold Medal series currently sold at the distillery gift shop. Other than the fancy bottle the contents are regular Jack Daniels whisky, sometimes at a bit higher proof than the regular stock.

I do, they're worth about what you paid for them.

Yep...JD puts out a large amount of these bottles so they are not rare. I have purchased many and have drank them. If you pass these down the generation line...I believe in about 150-200years they will be rare and worth quite a bit more.

yes, like others have said, it's regular jack daniels that's in the bottles. They aren't the 100+ year old ones. If it was a 100+ year old bottle, even though I don't like Jack, I would pop it and try it for sure!

It was a series to commemorate the 7 gold medals they won at the world competitions. All bottles were different shape and style. Came with a serial numbered hang tag you could send back to JD and you would get a paper certificate to hang on your wall, or do whatever with. You basically register the bottle with them.

I got introduced to bourbon a year or so after having Jack and fell in love, never went back to the JD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.