What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Oh sure, show me up! Cracked any of them yet?

Yep both of them. Total opposites. The obso is a spicy punch in the face. Never had a more spicy bourbon that I actually enjoyed. The oeso is a sweet delicate nose/palate that I really liked a lot. Both are very good and have their place but the oeso is the easy favorite for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I wasn't looking for anything today, just picking up a bottle on hold for me, but was drawn to the deep color of the Rare Breed on the shelf. The darkness of it really distinguished the bottle amongst its bourbon brethren there, and immediately drew my eye to it. Upon picking it up, I noticed it was the new batch, and as I am generally a fan of RB, I brought it home. I'll dip into it later this evening, and am wondering/hoping the consumption of it matches it's beautiful appearance.

Old Scout 7yr and Eagle Rare. Just cracked the OS. Damn good. I think I may need to pick up their rye too.

a Dickel Rye for a friends b-day gift tomorrow. He's been a scotcher for a short time, and getting into american whiskey lately. Surprised me....at a tasting last week, he liked Booker's, yet hasnt had many bourbons he likes very well. From what I remember of Dickel Rye, its an odd profile that I felt he may just like, as he's a bit odd as well:grin:

Shouldn't someone make a new one of these for summer? Anyways, picked up an OWA for $20 and Fighting Cock for $14 from Total Wine.

After only hours earlier swearing I wouldn't buy anything other than our FRSBs and some special fall release items, I walked out with an 8yr SAOS store pick. I blame the dealership, who has had my car for 6 hours (and counting) and gave me a rental. I mean, what am I supposed to do with a rental car on the far side of town (other than scope local package stores)?? Plus, the guy let me try a taste in the store which completely sealed the deal (even if it didn't taste as nice as it did, I likely would have picked one up just to acknowledge the free sample to a non-regular; although knowing Bruce helps!)

Well, I'm back from vacation. My wife and I traveled roughly 3200 miles, through 14 states. As luck would have it, I somehow managed to stop at a few stores along the way. :rolleyes: I passed on a lot of good bottles, but did pick up a few things. :cool:

2X-ETL

1X-ETL Commemorative

2X-HH 6yr BIB

1X-BT

1X-Blanton's

The Blanton's was actually a birthday present from my family. Not pictured are another two bottles of ETL and a bottle of BT. I gifted one ETL to my brother as a birthday present. He celebrated his birthday three days after mine. :bigeyes: I guess the fact that we celebrated our birthdays three days apart, and spent an entire week together had something to do with the disappearance of the other ETL and BT. :lol:

Cheers! Joe

post-3455-14489821022251_thumb.jpeg

Well, I'm back from vacation. My wife and I traveled roughly 3200 miles, through 14 states. As luck would have it, I somehow managed to stop at a few stores along the way. :rolleyes: I passed on a lot of good bottles, but did pick up a few things. :cool:

2X-ETL

1X-ETL Commemorative

2X-HH 6yr BIB

1X-BT

1X-Blanton's

The Blanton's was actually a birthday present from my family. Not pictured are another two bottles of ETL and a bottle of BT. I gifted one ETL to my brother as a birthday present. He celebrated his birthday three days after mine. :bigeyes: I guess the fact that we celebrated our birthdays three days apart, and spent an entire week together had something to do with the disappearance of the other ETL and BT. :lol:

Cheers! Joe

Most people share pictures of places and people seen while on vacation. SB.com members post pictures of booze they find! Nice haul!

Picked up a CEHT SB and a Barterhouse. Wasn't planning to pick up a Barterhouse but I got a $10-off coupon from BevMo making it $65, which I thought was reasonable enough to warrant a shot.

Just grabbed another FRSB LE 2014 this morning, and this weekend my best friend brought some belated birthday gifts. Bottle of WP 10 Rye and a Jack D SB - The Jack was awesome (wouldn't drink it with ice again, because the flavor just disappeared in a minute) - nice to be surprised since JD is really never what i reach for or order up. WP is good, i've had before and each time I am always surprised by how little spice it has, def expect more from a 100% straight rye.

Here we go...

Larceny

TPS SA OS 8 yr selection

TPS Four Roses SB picks - OBSF OBSK OESF

Four Roses gift shop SB picks - OESK OESQ

Tippin's market Four roses SB picks - OBSO OESO

2014 FR SB LE

WFE 2 yr Rye

WFE 6 yr Rye

WFE 23 yr Bourbon

Now I'm gonna go rest my wallet and my liver for a while...

Most people share pictures of places and people seen while on vacation. SB.com members post pictures of booze they find! Nice haul!

Here we go...

Larceny

TPS SA OS 8 yr selection

2014 FR SB LE

WFE 2 yr Rye

WFE 6 yr Rye

WFE 23 yr Bourbon

Here we go...

Larceny

TPS SA OS 8 yr selection

2014 FR SB LE

WFE 2 yr Rye

WFE 6 yr Rye

WFE 23 yr Bourbon

Let us know what you think of the WFE 23yr. I passed on it due to my recent slow realization that the extra aged bourbons don't work for me as much. I did try the 25yr rye and it was waaaaay to oaked for me so I'm curious how the bourbon compares.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.