What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bookers 25th, WT101 (found one at the $18.99 price and grabbed it because the price is going up on this one), 2 ECBP's, and an EWSB '02. Odd to find a single '02 mixed in with the '04's.

Just picked up a case of Weller 12 for $291 shipped! Yahoo!!!

I wont see it for awhile, but I know I have it. :P

My bunker is growing- first aged WT, VOB 90, now Weller 12, soon EWBIB. I think that should cover most bases.

Just finished a spring break trip to KY. Went to several distilleries and stores. Purchased MM, Willett Rye, WTRB signed by Jimmy, FRYL, FRSB Barrel Strength gift shop OESQ, VOB 6/86 signed by Ken Pierce, and Willett Pot Still from barrel 4397.

post-10329-14489820625068_thumb.jpg

post-10329-1448982062447_thumb.jpg

Yesterday hit up Urban NJ on a trip to Ikea, to buy of all things, a whiskey shelf. Picked up two handles of ND OGD, a 1993 EWSB and BH and Bakers in presentation boxes from 2002. The day before I grabbed a Bookers 25th, Nikka 21, PHC 6, and a Stagg '13. Looks like Jersey may have gotten a second dump from distributors. Now you see why I needed a new whiskey shelf. I may need to go back to Ikea in the not too distant future.

IMG_8753_zps79288a6e.jpg

Got two bottles each of single barrel Smooth Ambler. 7, 8 and 10 year. Haven't cracked the 7 or 8 but the 10 is yummy.

I picked up my first bottle of Stagg Jr. in NOLA today. It was the first bottle of that I have seen that wasn't overpriced. Bought one, left one.

Picked up a bottle of Fighting Cock today. Only had it once before so wanted to give it another try. Age stated whiskey (6 years) that is over 100 proof for around $15 bucks. I couldn't pass it up.

These sets are on closeout at Costco for $49.99 so I grabbed two. They were $89.99 previously. ujupaga3.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Why can't my Costco get deals like this? Same old thing, Woodford, Maker's and Beam.

For those who can't find it locally, Specs has Wller 12 for less than 25 shipped when bought by the case. A bit more when not by the case.

Cheers

Why can't my Costco get deals like this? Same old thing, Woodford, Maker's and Beam.

Well, Mike, you'll be happy to hear that this was an exception. Most Costco stores here have a poorer selection than those in Indy. It's usually Bulleit, Kirkland, JB'W, and MM.

These sets are on closeout at Costco for $49.99 so I grabbed two. They were $89.99 previously. ujupaga3.jpg

Mine tends to focus on high end scotch only so I feel you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to 2 fellow SB/GBS members, I picked up my 2013-6 Bookers bottle today.

Thanks again to Gary and Bruce. I look forward to having a taste tonight.

As an added bonus since my 2013-6 was featured in the Wed Tastings Thread, Bruce threw in a sample of the 2013-7 batch so I could compare.

Thanks to 2 fellow SB/GBS members, I picked up my 2013-6 Bookers bottle today.

Thanks again to Gary and Bruce. I look forward to having a taste tonight.

As an added bonus since my 2013-6 was featured in the Wed Tastings Thread, Bruce threw in a sample of the 2013-7 batch so I could compare.

I did ask permission first! I still have the text as evidence...

Will be curious to hear your thoughts on the 2013-6 , 2013-7 and perhaps the 25th Anniversary! I suggest trying the two roundtable batches blind if possible. Have to think the 25th will be obvious!

Bought some Evan Williams White a few days ago. Can't wait to try and compare it to OHH Gold.

I did ask permission first! I still have the text as evidence...

Will be curious to hear your thoughts on the 2013-6 , 2013-7 and perhaps the 25th Anniversary! I suggest trying the two roundtable batches blind if possible. Have to think the 25th will be obvious!

Ha ha! I've poached enough of your collection at different tastings, so you're always welcome to try any of my small collection (at least compared to your spirit and beer collection).

When I get back from St Pete next week, I will have my wife pour the different samples and report.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.