Sign in to follow this  
BFerguson

What rye did you purchase today? Spring/Summer 2014

BFerguson

New season needs a new thread.

Picked up Lot 40 x4 yesterday out with the misses. Fine day of shopping was had by both parties.

B

upStomp

Picked up a bottle of Lot 40 as well today. I got sick of seeing all the praises here :grin:.

I cringed at paying $55 for a sub-90 proofer, but I love 100% (Alberta?) ryes and there are only so many options in the category.

Edited by upStomp

bingstein

I finally got as close to getting a unicorn rye as I'll likely ever get todayupega3y5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChainWhip
I finally got as close to getting a unicorn rye as I'll likely ever get todayupega3y5.jpg

Nicely done sir - bravo!

smokinjoe

Nice crotch shot! :lol:

bingstein
Nice crotch shot! :lol:

C'mon, joe, my bottles are up here :)

Old Dusty

Hey, I swear I'm only looking at the bottles! What's the story on the WFE? Special selection, gift shop?

ChainWhip
Hey, I swear I'm only looking at the bottles! What's the story on the WFE? Special selection, gift shop?

Japan market sister cask to many of the famous Willett aged ryes.

Old Dusty
Japan market sister cask to many of the famous Willett aged ryes.

Nice, Unicorn City then. Cheers,Bing! Enjoy in good health.

c2walker

I prefer the 24/94 to the 24/110 (and I generally like high proof whiskey). You did well!

bingstein
I prefer the 24/94 to the 24/110 (and I generally like high proof whiskey). You did well!

Thank you sir. I'd like to try the 110 at some point.

flahute

Dang bingstein!!! Now that's a good day.

unclebunk

Just picked up new bottles of Dickel rye and Rittenhouse BIB for the March Madness crowd that's been gathering at my house these days. Both have been very well received by my friends.

z327

Whistle Pig 11 111, one of my favs.

Robbie BTAC

I pick up today a Rittenhouse 25yrs and THH 2010 very excited to find the Rittenhouse at a great price here in Au thanks to a very nice member on here :). Hope to grab a couple of Saz 18 soon

Paddy

Picked up a Dickel along with a Town Branch. Tried to get a read on the TB from the store reps, but only one had sampled and he could not describe it in any other words that you will either love it or hate it. We shall see!

squire

Is there an age statement on the Town Branch?

TunnelTiger

Picked up my first bottle of SAOS to go along with my first Mitcher's. Have a few days off from work and look forward to trying both. If they are anywhere near as good as baby Saz, RITBIB, GDR, & CETHR I'll be a happy man.

Paddy

TB is NAS Squire. On the good side, it is 100p.

squire

Thanks Paddy, that would be sourced then and should be decent if not heart stopping Bourbon. I asked because I wondered why the clerk said you would love it or hate it. A six-nine month old experiment may have some unusual taste elements but a decent grade Bourbon should not.

Paddy

Looks like a duel copper pot still rye (I'd guess anywhere from 2 to 4 yrs old), but no other information is provided. I'm going to try to post some notes on this over the weekend, as by then, I should have had enough time to get a grasp of it. Definitely non-traditional rye IMO.

Edit: Just found this....

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/03/03/3118219/alltech-introduces-new-whiskey.html

Edited by Paddy

tanstaafl2

Finally broke down and bought one of the Redemption BP ryes after tasting it yesterday. A nice bold spiciness but not a lot of the minty flavor of some of the other MGP ryes including the Willet overproof ryes. Further improved with a touch of water. More like the Old Ambler 99 proof 7yo rye. Maybe that extra year or two in bottle was the difference.

BFerguson

Something different today.

Old Potrero 18th Century.

Not a typical rye, but a rye nonetheless.

Need to pop this one tonight!

B

whiskeyagonzo

Just scored some Ritt BiB DSP 354. Been looking all over and finally found a couple.

theglobalguy

SAOS Rye 8yr Cask Strength. Enjoy the 7yr 100proof, so expect i will enjoy this one.