Sign in to follow this  
BFerguson

What rye did you purchase today? Spring/Summer 2014

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Harry in WashDC

While on a road trip just north of Richmond on old US 1, we stopped at a VA ABC Store just to see what they had. I bought an ER in a 375 to try (been several years since I had some) and OGD 114 (to replenish a depleted supply). I passed on several bottles of Blantons (sorry, Paul; wish you were here) as I still have two on the shelf. ASIDE: I wonder what Virginia is doing in order to keep Blantons and BT on the shelves?

Harry in WashDC

Replying to myself - wrong thread, you dummy.

HD 335

Bought a bit more today than I expected, but happy to get them.

post-11296-14489821207232_thumb.jpg

petrel800
Picked up a Willett 2yr Rye - last one on the shelf (and I was by this store 2 days ago, so it went quick!) Same price as the gift shop ($35).

Put me in this club. Grabbed a 2 yr myself. Same price. Curiosity got the better of me.

Hedonist

Bottles of High West Rendezvous and Old Scout 8 Year Barrel Proof just arrived today.

Drinking the Rendezvous now. I didn't like it on first sip (maybe because it was following a San Diego IPA), but I am liking it more and more as I finish the glass.

I hope to do a comparison of the Old Scout BP vs the Redemption BP later.

BigRich
Put me in this club. Grabbed a 2 yr myself. Same price. Curiosity got the better of me.

I'll just settle for the notes from you and Gary. As much as I spend on whiskey I know I'm not cheap. However, I just can't bring myself to spend $35 on a bottle of 2 year old rye.

GaryT
I'll just settle for the notes from you and Gary. As much as I spend on whiskey I know I'm not cheap. However, I just can't bring myself to spend $35 on a bottle of 2 year old rye.

I'll bring mine to the next GBS, as I'd definitely love to hear your take on it. It reminds me of Scotch, but as a Scotch novice - that could be way off.

fantome

Another bottle of 354 Rittenhouse on sale for $18. I'll probably go back for more bottles before the end of the month.

zeeck

Bought a bottle of Collingwood 21 for my new office. Now I just need the opportunity to crack it!

tanstaafl2
I'll bring mine to the next GBS, as I'd definitely love to hear your take on it. It reminds me of Scotch, but as a Scotch novice - that could be way off.

heydobro

Picked up another Party Source SAOS barrel strength, a Ritt BIB and a Willett 2 year. Its been a very fruitful trip to KY so far. Looking forward to a 2 year Willett distillate to 4 year Willett- MGP side by side

SqueakScolari

Have 2 Willett 2yr on the way. Will do SBS w/ the 4 yr.

zeeck

I happened to be in Evanston today so I stopped by FEW distillery (had never been) and picked up the last bottle they had on hand of their rye. Figured I've heard good things about it and I was so close that I had to.

Jorgemu1

Add me to the list of those who picked up WFE 2 year. I tasted it today. Initial sip was hot but definitely tasted the sweetness though. Definitely liked it more after subsequent sips.

KyleCBreese

Purchased the HW Rendezvous for the first time. I've had the Double Rye and loved it.

BonVivant84

Just grabbed my first HW Rendezvous Rye. Wanted something spicy and this has been on my radar a while now.

Paddy

Snagged another WFE 4yr for the bunker. Just couldn't pass a $34.99 price tag. If your an interested local, shoot me a PM.

amg

I picked up a DSP-354 Rittenhouse today. Should make for a fun SBS comparison with a DSP-1.

The Good Sir
Snagged another WFE 4yr for the bunker. Just couldn't pass a $34.99 price tag. If your an interested local, shoot me a PM.

Do you prefer the 4 over the 2? I have both and really enjoy the 2...so much that I've gone back to bunker a few. The 4 is good, but doesn't stand out to me.

Paddy
Do you prefer the 4 over the 2? I have both and really enjoy the 2...so much that I've gone back to bunker a few. The 4 is good, but doesn't stand out to me.

I passed on the initial release of the 2 yr, figuring that I'd just wait for it to get a little more age. Based on the positive feedback, I'll probably give in eventually and give it a go.

I enjoy the 4 yr. It's not a home run drink by any means, but it is a consistent product, with a proven track record, at a fair price for what it is.

GerryM

Picked up a bottle of Willett 2 yr Rye for $40 to test drive.

squire

Looking forward to your tasting notes.

Ravensfire

While picking up some Willett WFE bourbon, I noticed the store had a lonely bottle of 7 year WFE rye. I felt so sad for that bottle, not even a 2 year cousin to keep it company, that I immediately adopted it and brought back to a good home.

flahute
While picking up some Willett WFE bourbon, I noticed the store had a lonely bottle of 7 year WFE rye. I felt so sad for that bottle, not even a 2 year cousin to keep it company, that I immediately adopted it and brought back to a good home.

Paddy

Gave in and snagged a 2 yr old Willett today. Will probably give it a SBS with the 4 yr in the near future. The price was too good to pass at 35 and I'm really surprised that I'm presently seeing it sort of hanging around on the shelves in different parts of the state.

I just hope they aren't jumping the boat and hold enough of this back to have a decent 4 yr release in a couple of years. :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!