Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center LE Exclusive

DPPSmoker
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just saw this on the Heaven Hill BHC facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/BourbonHeritageCenter

I got excited about it as I will be in Bardstown in two weeks. A Bourbon Heritage Center exclusive Heaven Hill Select Stock 8 year old wheated bourbon finished in cognac barrels for two years. My jaw almost hit the floor when I thought about how great I think this bourbon will be. Then my jaw did hit the floor when I saw the price - $250.00!!!!

I guess it's time to go big or go home. I'm brokenhearted because I will be there in two weeks and this bottle sounds outstanding. I just can't bear to cough up $250.00 for it.

Guessing $250 will now be the new price for all gift shop specials since it appears there is not a whole of resistance to ever increasing prices.

Hrmm that bourbon sounds familiar.

Thank god the price doesn't.

Yup. I would like like to know how it compares but at that price I probably won't find out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Tempted to swing by just to ask more about future releases. Bourbon boom or not, don't think I know too many stores willing to buy a barrel at that price point.

I think and hope that this is just the HHBHC pricing. It certainly seems to be the theme there...price it really high that is. Remeber when I called the GS last year and they said they would have the entire PHC collection available at the HHBHC for "thousands of dollars"?

Count me as someone who had already felt my pocket for my car keys before I saw the price. Would love one of these to spend some time with, but not at that price.

Hrmm that bourbon sounds familiar.

Thank god the price doesn't.

Could not have said it better.

B

Just wondering if Joe or anyone else who picked the SB barrel would comment - is this one of the barrels you sampled and if so, how did it compare?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Saw a fb post that said this sold out already. I thought the economy was bad and retail was slumping... RadioShack needs to get in the bourbon business

And already being peddled for $450 on certain sites, I might add. :/

And already being peddled for $450 on certain sites, I might add. :/

The SB bottle is downright fantastic stuff....but come on?! You have to wonder how many other random barrels of product they rapidly bottle if they're pulling in $50-100K in the HH GS without even trying.

I hope they retain affordable offerings for bourbon lovers. They could use these limited releases to keep profiteers away from the good stuff while still catching some of that aftermarket mark up dollars this way. I'd like to see profiteers go bust..

• 3 weeks later...

I also would have loved to try this, I think even up to $150.

But at $250, I can rest easy that I missed it.

This bourbon bubble looks to me a lot like the concert ticket bubble. The ticket bubble is now showing signs of deflating. One has to have the strength to let the overpriced stuff pass.

tbt

I won't be buying a bottle, but don't blame HH for pricing it as they did. It must be selling, just by means of folks trying to move it at a higher price point (and with at least some success). Heck, if I'm making stuff that I see people turning around and selling for quadruple, I'd take a shot at marking it up directly to see what happens.

If the whisky is going to trade for a higher price I'd rather see the distiller get the money.

I just hope this trend doesn't carry over to the upcoming Parker's Heritage release.

It seems like they're going to chop their future demographic of ultra-premium devotees off at the knees. If the economy turns, the status/conspicuous consumption buyers won't bat an eyelash abandoning these brands. Who will become the market when the bourbon loving backbone have never been willing to afford a taste?

The higher they're priced, the harder I would think that they may fall?

tbt

They price it high in an attempt to keep it on the shelf. If you have a new shiny urban visitors center, you need to offer unique, new and shiny bottles to take home.

If they sold them at 89.99, every BX Swinging dick with a couple bucks and a gleam in his eye would buy them up and flip them.

Does it abandon/upset a small segment of enthusiasts? Possibly but how can they accurately determine enthusiast vs flipper?

I just hope this trend doesn't carry over to the upcoming Parker's Heritage release.

It seems like they're going to chop their future demographic of ultra-premium devotees off at the knees. If the economy turns, the status/conspicuous consumption buyers won't bat an eyelash abandoning these brands. Who will become the market when the bourbon loving backbone have never been willing to afford a taste?

The higher they're priced, the harder I would think that they may fall?

tbt

The times ive visited HH's gift shop things were priced about twice retail. I remember they had shelves full of the wheated Parker's at the (then) insane price of $150. Prior Parker's heritage 27 year was $200+ and that was a number of years ago. Supply is factor In pricing. My understanding is they have 1-2 barrels of this stuff. They are 60 gallon barrels and full but still. That justification aside. I won't buy any.

Limit: one per person.

The flippers can buy one, but they can't buy them up.

tbt

Another point that comes to mind reading Restaurant Man's post.

Isn't the purpose of a visitor's center to bring your fans in to the brand, and to reward their pilgrimage with a special purchase offer that they will be pleased with?

200% of retail pricing isn't exactly compatible with those goals. Isn't it more like flipping without the middle man?

Just discussing.

tbt

The gift shops set pricing as to not compete with retailers in their area. Think of it as a bourbon convenience store.

Good analogy, but these HH releases aren't being sold through local retailers, are they? This one said it wasn't.

tbt

Chuck has stated here on a number of occasions that the gift shops are not supposed to sell items that are not available through normal retail channels. I would have to search for the actual wording but that is the gist.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.