What "Other American Whisky" are you drinking?

ChainWhip

I had to get my own bottle after finishing my sample...

Charbay Release III

14179337351_8cc20a4a66_z.jpg

Ohhhhh.......that's the expensive version of this style isn't it? It must be pretty darn good for you to drop that sum. I've seen nothing but good reviews about this one.

Ohhhhh.......that's the expensive version of this style isn't it? It must be pretty darn good for you to drop that sum. I've seen nothing but good reviews about this one.

I can see how it could be polarizing but it hits all the right notes for me in a way no other whisky has - as usual, try it yourself first as my palate could be totally jacked up

;)

Edited by ChainWhip

I can see how it could be polarizing but it hits all the right notes for me in a way no other whisky has - as usual, try it yourself first as my palate could be totally jacked up

;)

Knowing me, I'll probably like it. Time to search for this one at the local whiskey bars.

A small pour of MC. Simple and delicious

• 1 month later...

Charbay R5 is definitely one I want to try. I really like IPAs and Charbay is basically a distilled IPA. On the other hand I got a bottle of Leviathan III last week as it sounded really interesting and I really like Islay Scotches. It is weird though, I really don't like it that much. Funny thing is it tastes extremely similar to my Wasmund's unaged single malt that has been sitting on a ton of oak chips for two months. Maybe the apple and cherry wood smoke impart a similar flavor to Canadian peat smoke, or maybe that's just what young single malt whisky tastes like. I think I'll stick with my Islay Scotches over those two. And while Charbay R5 will cost me about as much as Lagavulin 16, it's something I figure I should try at least once in my life. As for Release III forget it. If I'm dropping that kind of money I'll get an Octomore 10...or 5 bottles of Lagavulin.

I know I made a separate post in this, but I'm still surprised at how much flavor this two year old whiskey has. I love it even more now that the bottle has been open for a couple weeks!

8ase4a5y.jpg

A 65/35 vatting of Balcones True Blue Cask Str and Redbreast 12 yr CS. Holy sweet mother....

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah.:skep:...you might want to be a little less obvious next time.:rolleyes:

:lol: You should have seen yesterday's effort...:rolleyes: Thankfully, mods whacked it.

Same company or just similar effort?

Same company or just similar effort?

Same company, different sub forum.

:lol: You should have seen yesterday's effort...:rolleyes: Thankfully, mods whacked it.

There should be a separate forum for comical posts. Sometimes it's funny to read the "I have a bottle of Pappy, how much can I sell it for" threads...especially the responses, although they don't last very long.

There should be a separate forum for comical posts. Sometimes it's funny to read the "I have a bottle of Pappy, how much can I sell it for" threads...especially the responses, although they don't last very long.

I'm saving them for a People Of Straightbourbon book that I plan to write. [emoji2]

I'm saving them for a People Of Straightbourbon book that I plan to write. [emoji2]

hahaha....Yes!!!

:lol: This site never fails to entertain -

On topic: McKenzie Rye Whisky - a little bit more than 25% through the bottle and while I get more youth now than when I first opened the bottle, it is still a real nice sweet balanced pour. Those trying to go craft should buy a bottle to establish a benchmark. If you can do something like this, you'll find a market.

I know I made a separate post in this, but I'm still surprised at how much flavor this two year old whiskey has. I love it even more now that the bottle has been open for a couple weeks!

8ase4a5y.jpg

Would love to give it a go but $40-50 for a halfsies? Can't be that good.

I think it is pretty good as well but certainly not that good. But there is only one way to know for sure so sometimes in the name of science somebody has to take one for the team! And it is not like most of us are going to find this by the pour in our local bar.

I agree completely. I received my bottle as a Father's Day gift when my parents visited from Oregon. I couldn't plunk down that kinda coin for this.

Last night started a concerted effort to empty my Balcones Rumble Cask Strenght. It's an excellent whiskey but if I never have another it won't be a loss either.

Last night started a concerted effort to empty my Balcones Rumble Cask Strenght. It's an excellent whiskey but if I never have another it won't be a loss either.

Wasnt that bad boy really limited or am I thinking of the Brimstone Resurrection?

Sipping on 2014 Whisky Jewbilee. It's very different. Anyone else tried this?

I just tried the WJ last night and I thought the rye showed dominant and not at all what I expected.I enjoyed the WJ a fair amount,but doubt I'd drop the coin on in myself.

Whisky Jewbilee.

Is that how they spell it?! I just had South Park flashbacks!