Beam Signature Craft Wheated Bourbon + 6 other new labels

Conquistador
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I think these look very promising. I want to try at least the wheat and high rye
Count me in for the Wheat and High Rye.. I see the Single Barrel and Signature on the shelf at my go to store.. I am getting curious enough the buy a Sb and Signature.. Bookers and KCSB are almost always in my hoard..

• 1 month later...

Any tasting notes? How does it compare to, say, W12, VSOF, Lot B, or another wheater of similar age and/or proof?

I was able to get some of the Red Wheat. I liked it so much I ordered 3 more bottles. Good stuff.

Any tasting notes? How does it compare to, say, W12, VSOF, Lot B, or another wheater of similar age and/or proof?

Has a very light taste, lots of fruit to me. Comparing it to WLW the only other wheatear I drink regularly it is not nearly as complex or as hot, but considering the proof difference the heat should be less. I put it into a category I call my "Breakfast Bourbons". Not terribly complex or thick but a very smooth sweet tasty drink. Great one to introduce people to bourbon also.

Has a very light taste, lots of fruit to me. Comparing it to WLW the only other wheatear I drink regularly it is not nearly as complex or as hot, but considering the proof difference the heat should be less. I put it into a category I call my "Breakfast Bourbons". Not terribly complex or thick but a very smooth sweet tasty drink. Great one to introduce people to bourbon also.

How does it compare to Weller 12 and how much did it run ya?

Cheers

Also: I remember seeing a video of Fred from a few years ago, where he was a little drunk at a public event. Someone brought up indy bottlers and Fred talked about some of the grain experiments Beam had aging in their rickhouses. Good to see them on the market.

Doesn't Jim have an small still run by Jim Beam Noe? I thought I saw that on a Whiskycast.

How does it compare to Weller 12 and how much did it run ya?

Cheers

Also: I remember seeing a video of Fred from a few years ago, where he was a little drunk at a public event. Someone brought up indy bottlers and Fred talked about some of the grain experiments Beam had aging in their rickhouses. Good to see them on the market.

Doesn't Jim have an small still run by Jim Beam Noe? I thought I saw that on a Whiskycast.

i can't compare it to Weller 12, never tried it. I found it for $42 a bottle. (375ml)

:cry: $84 @ 750ml 90 proof = go on a road trip to find Larceny or Weller for me.

:cry: $84 @ 750ml 90 proof = go on a road trip to find Larceny or Weller for me.

That's the only problem I've got with the this (and the other expressions). The price is really, really high. But they've watched BT's experimental collection do well at higher prices, so no reason for them not to follow.

Everybody has their price point. For me it's about $150. Under that if it might be tasty and somehow unique I might try it. Over that and there needs to be a damn compelling. Reason to try it.

I guess I have sticker shock because some of the other JB special releases (single barrel, Spanish brandy) go for around $40 a fifth. If it moves, than the price must be correct. Still, it's even higher than the CS Makers.

I was going to do these, but when I saw the pricing and the whole 375ml game, I'm instantly out.

I am in no way supporting charging big bottle prices for little ones.

This whiskey didn't cost some crazy extra amount to make. It's just a wheater. Same with the Maker's cask strength - what did you do to it to make it cost so much more? Um, you withheld water? Nope, nope, nope.

I'm glad they made these, and also happy people are reporting that they're good. But I'm not impressed with how they decided to sell them, and I'm out.

I'm glad they made these, and also happy people are reporting that they're good. But I'm not impressed with how they decided to sell them, and I'm out.

Certainly respect that point of view. Mine is that this bourbon train is off the rails and will keep going up till the boundary is found. I buy what I like and can afford. I will never let principle stand between me and a fine bourbon!! ;)

As a side note my local VA ABC store has 5 bottles of the WT Diamond sitting for $124 a bottle. I'm watching to see how long they last as I don't really care for WT. Boundaries may be starting to settle.

I picked up the Red Wheat and Brown Rice at $40 per bottle. Pretty steep, but I'm at a point where I'm truly curious about what these different graind will taste like, not so much if it has a resale value or collectibility.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.