Binny's Private Barrels

WhiskyRI
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cracked a OBSK from the new Binny's batch. This stuff is fantastic! Pretty spicy (but not hot) by itself, but it is pretty bold and so it takes water well. I absolutely love this stuff. Also picked up an OESK, but kinda wish I had also ventured into the Q yeasts. One of the employees at Lakeview said he really liked the OESF, and claimed that it was pretty close to the 2014 SB limited release, but I have had two OESFs in the past that were good but not great (weird finish). Can anyone comment on any of the other selections from this year's Binny's batches?

By the way, talk about a kid in a candy store, the Lakeview store is currently undergoing renovations, and so shelf space is limited, but the Four Roses Private Selections take up a huge swath of the bourbon aisle. I wanted to just close my eyes and pick a bottle at random! Haven't been that excited/indecisive in a while!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.