What is in Kentucky that is not in Michigan?

Tony
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good Day All-

I hope you are doing great.

Heading to Kentucky next week and am curious what I can find in Kentucky that I cannot find in Michigan? Does anyone have a list?

I know of some like Four Roses gift shop bottles, Willett, not sure about others. I am guessing maybe some BiB?

Would appreciate any help.

Best regards, Tony

Not as much as there used to be, but still some. HH White Label BiB, HH Green Label, VOB BiB, Larceny, Willet and other KBD brands, Old Fitz BiB, Weller 12, Medley Bros., can't think of any others off the top of my head besides the random HH brands: JTS Brown, TW Samuels, Dant, etc.

Not as much as there used to be, but still some. HH White Label BiB, HH Green Label, VOB BiB, Larceny, Willet and other KBD brands, Old Fitz BiB, Weller 12, Medley Bros., can't think of any others off the top of my head besides the random HH brands: JTS Brown, TW Samuels, Dant, etc.
AAA 10 yr if you can find it.

lots of good suggestions, but youre not likely to find any W12 or AAA 10 year here. good suggestion on the HH 6 year green label, that gets overlooked, and its damn fine for $9.

lots of good suggestions, but youre not likely to find any W12 or AAA 10 year here. good suggestion on the HH 6 year green label, that gets overlooked, and its damn fine for $9.

Indeed, but Weller 12 isn't on the Michigan list so there's zero chance of finding it here, as opposed to the what, 3% chance of finding it in KY. And I too am a big fan of the HH green label. One of my favorite summertime pours.

Tony, I just returned and only picked up a couple of bottles. Some FR from the gift shop Cox's Creek & at the distillery, some Liquor barn private picks and a Town Branch 100proof Rye I want to try. Otherwise there were dozens of labels I am not familiar with at prices that made me pass.

Happy hunting!

Almost forgot, if you're an Old Forester fan, try and find a bottle of the single barrel.

VSOF is pretty findable here as well if interested. You may just want to go with the Larceny, though I do like the 12 profile a little better. I do recommend the Town Branch Rye. Like Fox, doubt you'll see a W12 or AAA10yr.

Tony, you could look what's listed on the Liquor Barn web site. That doesn't mean it will all be in stock when you get there, but gives an idea. I say get Larceny and whatever bonds MI doesn't have, Medley Bros. too.

Thanks everyone for the help. Think I will go with - HH White Label BiB, HH Green Label

Best regards, Tony

Thanks everyone for the help. Think I will go with - HH White Label BiB, HH Green Label

Best regards, Tony

Have a safe trip and happy hunting Tony!

Best regards, Tony

then chuckle to yourself as you walk out with one of each for a total of $20.....then go back and get a few more sets!

many of the larger stores here in KY will give you a case discount, and Id take advantage of that if these things werent available back home. Im sure youve got some buddies who may even split a case with you.

there was one store here in Louisville that had one 1.75 of AAA 10 year a while back that'd been there forever. Ill try to stop in tomorrow and see it its still there. If so, I may grab it for you, if youre coming into Louisville.

Yeah, I believe 6 bottles (don't have to be all the same) gets you the discount at LB. Do you think I could go to KY and not get 6 bottles? :lol:

I picked up Larceny, a store pick SAOS rye barrel proof (I know we can get the SAOS in MI but I've never seen the barrel strength), Willett rye, and the stuff I got at the gift shops.

The other stuff I picked up was stuff that is available in MI, but substantially cheaper (>$10 per bottle) in KY. Stuff like 4RSB.

Weller 12 isn't on the Michigan list so there's zero chance of finding it here

Tony, I know you have been to KY so outside of the obvious stuff like Gift Shop selections and the offerings you can't get in KY, I would suggest you might consider some retailer selections. Since I am not identifying honey holes, I believe it is ok to post here. I believe TPS and Liquor Barn in St. Matthews have awesome retailer selections.

Funny coincidence Tony, after I finish my coffee I am hitting the road to KY this morning.

is michigan a control state, or just a poor selection? Im heading there this week, and wondering if I should bring something along, or get something when I get there.

is michigan a control state, or just a poor selection? Im heading there this week, and wondering if I should bring something along, or get something when I get there.

MI isn't a control state and we do have a large selection but we don't get special releases and if we do just a few go to certain areas.

No Weller 12 or HH labels either, we are missing some odds and ends.

Depending on where you go you might find a store with a good selection or not, the store just down the road from me doesn't carry WT.

Hey Fox; Where in the Mitten State are you gonna be? If you're close, maybe we can find a minute to have a dram.

Hey Fox; Where in the Mitten State are you gonna be? If you're close, maybe we can find a minute to have a dram.

I wish!

We're gonna be going up the western shore and hanging out at the top of the lower peninsula. the western side will have to wait til another time, but Id love to see the Ford museum there!

going up the western shore and hanging out at the top of the lower peninsula.

Yep, you better bring your own.

MI is a control state. Stores must order through liquor control board. There is a minimum price but not a maximum price. Our selection is not bad but not that of KY.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.