What Wee Dram Are You Enjoying Now? - Fall/Winter 2014

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For tonight, I will be having my first ever taste of Irish Whiskey, Redbreast 12 year. Not much of a choice as this is the only Irish Whiskey I own.

Enjoying a Bushmills 16 tonight. It seemed to be the crowd favorite out of the line from our GBS gathering Saturday.

For tonight, I will be having my first ever taste of Irish Whiskey, Redbreast 12 year. Not much of a choice as this is the only Irish Whiskey I own.

Well congratulations, you could be doing a lot worse!

I had a small dose of Paddy (imagine that:grin:), to commemorate St. Paddy's day. Nothing remarkable, just a simple and cheap Irish table whisky that I rarely drink.

Air do shlàinte!

Edited by Paddy

I don't know if 'enjoying' (see thread title) would be my descriptor; but I poured a couple from the Old Sod this afternoon. Bushmill's & Tullamore Dew 12-yr.

Neither blew my hair back; but that's been my experience with Irish whisky for a long time. Without really shelling out some coin, Irish is hard to like... for me, at least.

But; "HEY, It's St' Paddy's Day, dontcha know?"

I don't know if 'enjoying' (see thread title) would be my descriptor; but I poured a couple from the Old Sod this afternoon. Bushmill's & Tullamore Dew 12-yr.

Neither blew my hair back; but that's been my experience with Irish whisky for a long time. Without really shelling out some coin, Irish is hard to like... for me, at least.

But; "HEY, It's St' Paddy's Day, dontcha know?"

I've had a hard time finding an Irish Whisky that I think is particularly good as well. Tyrconnell Madeira Finish did it for me, but probably won't pay $80 to re-experience it. Plenty of fish in the sea at that price. I've got a RB12CS batch 1 to try, and might try a Powers John Lane eventually (though preferably at a bar or a friends house). If either one of those doesn't do it for me, I'll probably be tapping out of the Irish whisky game for the time being. Regular RB12 is good, but not worth the MD asking price $60-$70). Edited by garbanzobean

A Guinness primed the pump this St. Paddy's Day, then on to a Knappogue Castle 12 yr PS, Bushmills 16, 2014 Midleton Very Rare, Powers John Lane, then capped it off with one of my Top 5 whiskeys of any kind, Red Breast 12 yr. Cask Strength. The PJL really grabs my attention many times, but the pure power and depth of the RBCS has me hooked.

Dang nice corned beef and taters in there, too... :yum:

I don't always drink Irish whisky. When I do, I prefer RB12CS, it's also the only one I own.

A Guinness primed the pump this St. Paddy's Day, then on to a Knappogue Castle 12 yr PS, Bushmills 16, 2014 Midleton Very Rare, Powers John Lane, then capped it off with one of my Top 5 whiskeys of any kind, Red Breast 12 yr. Cask Strength. The PJL really grabs my attention many times, but the pure power and depth of the RBCS has me hooked.

Dang nice corned beef and taters in there, too... :yum:

You cheatin' on my corned beef?!?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.