Woodford Reserve Master’s Collection Sonoma-Cutrer Pinot Noir Finish

Underhilltab
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have a bottle of the BTEC finished in zinfandels casks. I find that to be interesting, but the whiskey absorbed too much of the grapey flavors from the zin barrel after spending 6 years just in the zin barrel. So I was interested in trying this. I finally saw this in Ohio and grabbed a bottle. I really like it. It takes the normal woodford notes of grain, oak, and vanilla and compliments them with fruit and chocolate. I found this to be the case on both the nose and the taste. The grain notes on the nose sometimes seem a bit unintegrated with the rest of the smells but overall it works for me. My only gripe is that at near $100 dollars, I'd like to have seen this finish done on a 10-12 year version of Woodford. I think they would have had something exceptional then. Less grain notes on the nose and more dark barrel flavors to go with the new found fruit and chocolate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.