Parker Heritage 2nd Edition 27 year

TownsendZ
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have a unopened bottle and wanted to try a pour of it first before opening it up. I am a collector first, so I usually try different bourbons before opening up special bottles. Is there any place that still has this bourbon available to sample.

I would bet no such place exist in South Ga but I would humbly suggest that you introduce yourself in the new members post if you truly desire honest responses.

I have a unopened bottle and wanted to try a pour of it first before opening it up. I am a collector first, so I usually try different bourbons before opening up special bottles. Is there any place that still has this bourbon available to sample.
I believe Jack Rose in DC has it. Its probably going to be upwards of $100 an ounce though.

No way is it in South Georgia, a great reason to travel. Yes, I know it would be expensive, this is not a inexpensive hobby. Any idea if Hard Water still has it. I did find one other bottle for sale it was only $3499.00 :bigeyes:

Zack

If hypothetically I owned a bottle of bourbon and really wanted to know what it tasted like, I can think of one very easy solution...

I can understand you want to taste something before you open it but I am curious how will the taste affect your decision whether to open or not? What if you like it? Will you open yours? What if you don't like it? Will you just keep it on the shelf or try to trade for something you do like? This isn't meant to compare collecting to drinking but I am just curious what you are looking for?

If hypothetically I owned a bottle of bourbon and really wanted to know what it tasted like, I can think of one very easy solution...

Occam's razor indeed, but just hypothetically of course.

I have tried this many times. A place near me had it, and for some reason it was only $10 per very nice pour. I'm pretty sure I went through most if not all of that bottle myself.

I loved it. Very long, deep, complex, and wonderful.

Just open it. Enjoy it with yer favorite peeps for the holiday.

I am a collector first, a novice drinker second. I have plenty of open bottles. I am not in a hurry to open another, especially a high priced bottle.

I am a collector first, a novice drinker second. I have plenty of open bottles. I am not in a hurry to open another, especially a high priced bottle.

snip... Also, what makes you a novice drinker?

His avatar says so... see? right there ^ novice :lol:

I still say you should open it.

Be sure to have a good drinking buddy or your sweetie with you. Let them know you're opening a thousand dollar bottle of bourbon.

Then you will be one step further away from being a novice bourbon drinker.

What part of GA are you in? I'm in Savannah and you won't find it around here. I can't think of any places in Atlanta that would have it either. Maybe someone from Atlanta can chime in.

What part of GA are you in? I'm in Savannah and you won't find it around here. I can't think of any places in Atlanta that would have it either. Maybe someone from Atlanta can chime in.

No one has it that I "know of". If I did know id go drink it ?. It was a really expensive bottle on release maybe $200 wholesale. Hell at that same time I was paying $100 for Hirsch 16 gold foil. ?????

I'd be curious to see a Show Us Your Stash post.

I can relate somewhat to collecting while still finding your legs with bourbon. An astute novice can figure out quite easily that LEs are hard to come by, and if the opportunity presents itself, then it is logical to buy and hold until you feel that your pallet can truly appreciate what you're tasting. However, that doesn't mean that you should never open your bottles or stay in that mentality for multiple years. I say open and enjoy.

This is what I have left of one of my bottles of the 27y

Its one of my top 3 of all time.......drink it

I have said it before and I'll say it again, there are trillions of dollars in the world, there's only a few hundred bottles of exceptional bourbon.... Enjoy it it's special..

post-9285-14489821828048_thumb.jpg

Bourbon, our the kids college........ Which ever comes first..

I get the impression the OP is standing at a precipice. He is a collector by personality but has a streak of curiosity, a tiny urge to carpe the diem instead of trying to keep everything untouched for future generations or the black market. I could be wrong, but what he really seems to be crying out for at least subconsciously is the perfect gateway bourbon(s) that will give him the experience he needs to appreciate the Heritage. Then he can perhaps try a sample of what he already has and make a more enlightened decision about whether to open it.

I get the impression the OP is standing at a precipice. He is a collector by personality but has a streak of curiosity, a tiny urge to carpe the diem instead of trying to keep everything untouched for future generations or the black market. I could be wrong, but what he really seems to be crying out for at least subconsciously is the perfect gateway bourbon(s) that will give him the experience he needs to appreciate the Heritage. Then he can perhaps try a sample of what he already has and make a more enlightened decision about whether to open it.

Grab a bottle of Barterhouse and drink some of that first. The PHC 2 is higher abv and better overall, but they are both big, rounded bourbon with quite a bit of wood influence.

No way is it in South Georgia, a great reason to travel. Yes, I know it would be expensive, this is not a inexpensive hobby. Any idea if Hard Water still has it. I did find one other bottle for sale it was only $3499.00 :bigeyes:

Zack

Are you talking about Hard Water in San Francisco....long way from South Georgia ?

OP: Spago at the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace has the 27-yr. I'll be a dissenting vote. PHC is my favorite limited release series. But that 27-yr I just find dry and too woody.

Here is shot of about half of my small collection. I only started collecting march 2013. I have tired all the Van Winkle's sans the Rye. Georgia seems to get very little of the Rye.

post-11325-14489821828607_thumb.jpg

Here is shot of about half of my small collection. I only started collecting march 2013. I have tired all the Van Winkle's sans the Rye. Georgia seems to get very little of the Rye.

Hi,

That's a great start. I like that you display them.

Welcome to SB.

Will

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.