What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a pope house OESK and an accidental overlap on my recipe quest, tannery bar's OBSF. If anybody wants to trade for an OESF or OBSO let me know, I'd love to swap.

Can you pm me the location of the pope house oesq?

Went into my local shop Friday to pick my Wife up some beer-flavored soda water. I don't go in this place much anymore since I tend to take monthly trips across the border to stock up. To my surprise, they had 7 bottles of OWA and 8 of SR. I've never either there before. 3 OWA's came home with me.

Had the Michters Toasted barrels- AWESOME . One of my favorite pours I have had in a while. I think its the same bourbon as there US-1

which is decent but the effect of the toasted barrels brings this up a notch.

Beer-flavored soda water? Goodness but I guess I really don't get out that much anymore.

Came home with a SAOS 10 year on my most recent outing after hearing so many people here rave about it. Planning to break into it some night this week.

Beer-flavored soda water? Goodness but I guess I really don't get out that much anymore.

It's a euphemism for Coors Light. [emoji1]

Today was the day I couldn't resist picking up a boxed bottle of Blanton's.

Had the Michters Toasted barrels- AWESOME . One of my favorite pours I have had in a while. I think its the same bourbon as there US-1

which is decent but the effect of the toasted barrels brings this up a notch.

Boy, the first time I tried this that toasted barrel influence was a major turn off for me. Glad you like it though. Perhaps it was an off night for me. Well, I have the rest of the bottle collecting dust so I have no choice but to revisit this one sometime soon.

Picked up a handle of OFBiB and 4 bottles of HMcKENNA BIB from 2001. A good day for me in East Tennessee

Picked up 4 new ones I haven't tried yet:

Nice haul. I've had the OWA and NHBBB. Let me know how the Grass Widow stacks up against those.

Picked up 2 bottles of CEHT Cured Oak today at $74.99 each. Left 3 on the shelf.

say no more!

I went back today and grabbed two more of the same barrel of SAOS 8 year BP (barrel 895), since I have so thoroughly enjoyed my open one thus far.

with all the bourbon I have here now, I have set my goals on drinking through the stash while only adding barrel proofers to it, and these have been awesome!

I'm not sure what barrel # I have here in MN, but the 8yr, I've tried and I will go try to grab some tonight. Very butterscotch-y from what I remember. Great choice!

Nice haul. I've had the OWA and NHBBB. Let me know how the Grass Widow stacks up against those.

thx, was more than I planned on spending but wtf, u only live once right? I have heard good things about the Grass Widow. I really liked their Johnny Smoking Gun that I recently finished off. Woodward Limited by Valentine is another really good local bourbon and cheaper than the Two James stuff.

thx, was more than I planned on spending but wtf, u only live once right? I have heard good things about the Grass Widow. I really liked their Johnny Smoking Gun that I recently finished off. Woodward Limited by Valentine is another really good local bourbon and cheaper than the Two James stuff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.