What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter 2014/2015

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don't regularly post in this thread, but I couldn't bear to see the fall thread continue into winter any longer than it has. :)

Recent purchases - Rhetoric, OGD114, HH6BIB, PVW20, Stagg Jr. batch 3, ECBP batch 6, CETHBP.

Grabbed 2 Jeff's Ocean #3's along with my usual OGD BIB when I stopped by my regular spot tonight. I've heard very mixed things about the Jeff's Ocean but I'm a sucker for this particular gimmick.

Grabbed 2 Jeff's Ocean #3's along with my usual OGD BIB when I stopped by my regular spot tonight. I've heard very mixed things about the Jeff's Ocean but I'm a sucker for this particular gimmick.

It's not a bad bourbon, it's just a question if the price is worth it. That's for each individual to decide.

Over the weekend, I picked up a bottle of EC12 and a bottle of SazJr. It had been a while since I had seen SazJr on a shelf (and I've never had it), so I had to grab it.

My son was in Waukegan this weekend so I had him stop at Binny's while passing through Chicago. He picked up a Tom Foolery Ohio Straight Bourbon, Binny's Selection Barrel #30 and Maker's Mark Cask Strength. Both are very good!

In the last few days, I've bought (or had bought for me):

- Blanton's

- OGD114 (My first bottle...not bad at all for the price)

- SAOS7

- WSR - 2 bottles at $19.90 each

- WR Double Oaked

- Basil Hayden

- Blackback White Whiskey - Usually, I don't buy much white dog, but this is a new distillery that just opened near my hometown, and this is what they put into some barrels to eventually become bourbon. Stopped by there and wanted to support them, so I picked up a bottle.

3 bottles of Blanton's, the 50 ml bottling. I have some friends who wanted to sample other bourbons, so these will be easy to bring around.

PIcked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace for a party, and a bottle of Tom Foolery (local to my area in NE Ohio) haven't tried it yet

Picked up 2 ETL today. Nice to see this back on the shelves (for the moment). Now if I could just find some W12...

Posted on the wrong board. Weller 12 is back in East Tennessee if you ask for it. It seems to be kept in the back and not on the shelves. Ranges from $50.00 (43.00 with discount) to 26.99. Tim

Oops. Looks like I posted in the wrong thread too. :grin:

ETL has finally reappeared here in Illinois. :bigeyes: Grabbed one while I was out and about yesterday. Grabbed another today on the way home from work. :cool:

Joe

I picked up an Eagle Rare 10-year single barrel and a Jim Beam Black label NAS. Going to do a SBS with the JBB with the 8yr to see if I can find any noticeable difference.

I'm not usually a huge fan of the Wild Turkey profile, but I had a chance to taste a Gallenstein selected WTKS and it was phenomenal. The best turkey product I have tasted. I was told they weren't selling very fast until they made samples available. I was very pleasantly surprised and I'm looking forward to enjoying the bottle with a good friend who is a huge WT fan.

Well, what do you know? Picked up a W12 thanks to a friendly tip from a fellow SB-er.

I picked up a W12 and HH6BIB while visiting family in Indy. Read your earlier post and was going tell you where I found the W12 but glad to see you already got the word.

Howdy,

Elijah Craig 12 yr. Fist time with this well regarded Bourbon. It doesn't seem to be as good with Diet Coke as JB Black. Neat, one notices Cherries and an overall fruiter mid pallet than say, Old Forester Signature (Which is a better value and has a delightful Vanilla finish). For $28+ tt&l, Elijah Craig isn't as good a Old Forester Signature, wich can be had locally for $5 less. YMMV.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.